Loosen up the carryweight mechanics (UO first?)

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I was thinking that it might add dynamic to the game if we allowed players to carry more weight, but not able to run with it?

So if the player was holding say less than 500 'stones' they would still be able to walk and just not run? That is to say, your stamina would still be reduced to 0 still for purposes of swing speed, but you could still walk.

So essentially the only time you would be unable to walk is if you were trying to move 500 or more 'stones'. Say if you got into a 1v1 and won and you know you only have a little bit of time before the player re-logs on their alt. You can still technically grab the majority of their loot bag and make a bit of distance..

Also any time you had a mob cast weaken on you making you overweight you could still move at walking speed. I KNOW this is a huge problem for newer players and in my opinion it's probably one of the top reasons for player frustration today.

I can really see any drawbacks to this idea, trying to think of any...

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Gonna have to say no to that one. PKs run up with weaken for a reason ya know ^^ Don't want to stifle their creativity