losing connection?

Maller

Adept
they are good about putting people outside of dungeons and putting pets in stables, so im not gonna worry, but I was having fun with a good group

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
This was happening to me last night. I thought it was the new launcher so I uninstall. And didn't lost Conn after that. But by the looks of it, that wasn't the issue cause others are losing conn.
Hope the get it fixed soon. It kept me from PvM and PvP.

kristina

Master
Whatever is going on is causing my network to go down. My son loses connection too I just found out.. I just called my ISP. They reset my modem but that's not going to fix whats going on. Seems like there's an installer running causing interruptions in connectivity.

kristina

Master
I'm installing java. They recommend uninstalling older versions of it too. There's a link on the left to uninstall older versions. It's all available at www.java.com

I'll see how things go and check back in with you all.

kristina

Master
Hi All! Well here it is! :)

If you are having issues with disconnects - sweep your front porch first.

1. Check ALL devices plugged directly into your router.
2. Replace network cables that might be damaged or old. (this was my reason for disconnects)
3. Re-seat network cables you think are OK.
2. Restart your modem and router (power down for five minutes, plug in modem then router)
3. Check the firmware on your router (log into router 192.168.1.1 usually - depending on the model) Under firmware check to be sure you have the newest version.
4. If you continue to have problems call your ISP. Could be a bad modem, bad wiring, etc.

My first thought was that there was an issue with the game. UOF seems to have all their ducks in a row. I commend Shane and Adam for their work on the server!

Last edited by a moderator:

kristina

Master
Yep.. after all the troubleshooting, replacing network cables, etc. I still lose connection. I have a tech coming Tuesday.

kristina

Master
So PeepinTom I hear you've been rather rude in this thread :) Know what? I don't care. You are on ignore loser. Go troll somewhere else.

kristina

Master
The problem ended up being with my ISP. A filter was bad on the pole outside of my house. The technician replaced the filter and no drops since! Yahoo!