Mage Character Skills?

TCarbon

Hello everyone,

I'm a new player and I need help. How should be the mage charachter skills? *7 * 700?
Can you show me the key points of the game? I'm waiting for your answers to start the game.
Also looking for teammates, thanks a lot..

halygon

Grandmaster
Welcome to the community!

Within Ultima Online, there is not a single layout that defines a mage template (set of skills) as you can have nearly any skills you want along with the core mage skills (Magery, Meditation, Evaluation Intelligence). Some skills are better to have than others - for example, wrestling will prevent your character from being interrupted as much when casting spells - so it is a big plus.

You can find some character templates listed here: http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Templates

You can find many more on our old wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/20140630113615/http://uoforum.com/wiki/templates/

You can also use the Wiki link at the top of this page for general information:
View attachment 6061

Lithium149

Grandmaster
As much as Halygon is correct you can play a mage however you choose, I would like to add there is only three templates you should focus on.

Solo PvP -
Heal/Stun (Survivability, learning mage)
Alchy/Stun (Burst damage, best solo template)

Group PvP
Heal/Stun (Survivability & Stun)
Inscribe/Stun (Increased Reflect, Survivability & Stun)

These templates should be laid out in the wiki, hit the duel pits and type [templates, create new template and practice with the free regs and potions provided good luck and have fun!

TCarbon

Thanks a lot for the informations . My English is weak so I guess I have to play solo sadly :( one last question to you .

I am gonna open an Alchy/stun so where should I spent 50/50 skill points ? Thanks again ... waiting for your replay...

Greetings newest adventurer of the land!

Though I do not claim expertise in this area I would advise Resist Spells and Magery, as both of those are on the more difficult end to raise. This land offers the opportunity to purchase skill at a much higher level (up to 50 for each skills) should your purse be heavy enough, so the starting skills are not as important as others. What I would suggest is keeping your dexterity at the lowest base level while splitting the remaining points between Strength and Intelligence, this gives the opportunity to not only cast spells, but the available carrying weight for reagents and other supplies needed to strike out into the world.

Should you be in need of any assistance sir, I am honor bound to help any citizen in need. I would be happy to teach you enough to get on your feet and begin your legacy, although I do not give material hand outs, the knowledge I can provide will surely get you more in the long run.

I would also advise you to read over the Wiki and the many excellent guides found within this forum to build a solid understanding of the land, and what skills your future self will wield.

Welcome to the beauty, the danger, and the intrigue that awaits you adventurer, your life will never be the same....HUZZAH!

Lithium149

Grandmaster
Thanks a lot for the informations . My English is weak so I guess I have to play solo sadly :( one last question to you .

I am gonna open an Alchy/stun so where should I spent 50/50 skill points ? Thanks again ... waiting for your replay...

100 Magery
100 Resisting Spells
100 Evaluating Intelligence
100 Meditation
100 Wrestling
100 Anatomy
100 Alchemy

Stats;
100 Str/25 Dex/100 Int

OR

95 Str/35 Dex/95 Int

People play with the stats to decrease potential Mindblast damage.