Magic Scrolls

SirRayIV

My Suggestion has to do with Magic scrolls.

Currently if a player has no evaluation intelligence, their magic damage is less than a player who has points in it. I suggest that if a player with zero eval int uses a scroll instead of reagents, that scroll would inflict the same damage as if it were cast be a GM eval int mage.

The idea behind this would be to make scrolls more valuable and useful, while at the same time, not damaging or unbalancing anything currently in-game.

I also would like to see the value of these scrolls increased a little bit, if sold to npc vendors. Currently, nobody even loots them out of chests or bodies, because their value is almost worthless.

yeah.. but then it would also make dexxers OP.. run around wit a eb or fs scroll precasted with a vanq warhammer or spear with 100 dex lol.. would also make some ppl not get eval int, and just grab a bunch of scrolls to pvp with

Right, so every Scribe Mage can simply cast from scrolls all the time and drop Eval Int altogether, for something like Alchemy, maybe?

Do we really want every Mage to start running a...

Alchemy
Anatomy
Meditation
Resist Spells
Wrestling

...template?

SirRayIV

Considering most people would find running around with scrolls a complete hassle, I would still think that this change would be a good one....even at a 50% success ratio.

its not the fact that most people wouldnt do that anyways, its the fact that some people COULD do that, and therefore someone will. -1

Xonryz

Apprentice
Not a fan of the idea, scrolls are already very powerful, you're just not selling the right ones. :p

Haven't seen any flamestrike scrolls for sale, I would guess people don't want to get hit by them. :mrgreen: