make use of it......

Babethoven

Grandmaster
nobody uses parrying, camping, cooking, begging, etc etc.... to be honest idk how the hell you would make some of those skills beneficial... but hey that's why im not staff :p

wtf is up with this glacial giant.... dude needs to have the 0.1 chance at dropping 1 yd of the ice blue cloth to match the woofs :D

as well as khalnaga have the 0.1 chance to drop 1 blood red ingot at times

idk been readin on forums to similar posts, that's what a good portion of the people want... is shit like this, when I say good portion as in the people who play and enjoy All aspects of this game

Moccy

Neophyte
*engages imagination*

Parrying - Add a damage reflection element to parry so that enemies take some minor/moderate damage from physical attacks. And maybe a chance to reduce the impact of missile type spells (fireball, ebolt, magic missle etc). Both effects strength would be based on shield AF rating.

Camping: Make it so that being in proximity to a campfire provides some kind of passive bonus (like +AR, health regen etc), and put a reasonable timer between when you can re-create a campfire. Would benefit things like champ spawns, or training sessions.

Cooking: make special food that has effects not unlike alchemy, but not the same - e.g. heal-over-time type effects for health/mana/stamina, explosive landmine mushrooms (like the mushrooms in the orc cave), throwable pies that cause temporary stat-loss to str/dex/etc.

Begging: *imagination failure*.....

Just off the top of my head, havn't thought anything above through at all :)

K A Z

Grandmaster
parrying isnt useless at all. I've had the hardest time ever trying to PK some newbie with GM Parrying on my Alchydexxer. People just dont use it.

eppy

Grandmaster
People just dont use it.

People dont use it because it is entirely useless against magery and you cant drink potions. It is a great skill and I liked having it against mobs but when every pk I see uses the same damn tired template you have to do something else to counter them.

Also its useless against magic mobs. That was my biggest frustration. You can wail on things all day with a shield until one little casting mob comes up. Even with GM resist, a ebolt and flamestrike combo and you are in serious pain.

K A Z

Grandmaster
People dont use it because it is entirely useless against magery and you cant drink potions. It is a great skill and I liked having it against mobs but when every pk I see uses the same damn tired template you have to do something else to counter them.

Also its useless against magic mobs. That was my biggest frustration. You can wail on things all day with a shield until one little casting mob comes up. Even with GM resist, a ebolt and flamestrike combo and you are in serious pain.

but then again: doesn't every template have its counterparts? I don't see how buffing one Skill to an OP-Situation will do anything good for the Shard. It's VERY good against dexxers but lacks against mages - jesus, that's how it's supposed to BE!

Halpo

Master
For begging make it give weird house deco items at a small % and you can't beg the same person until the next day. Items like common a normal chair to a fallen/broke for a rare or kicked cover table ect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eppy

Grandmaster
You are right of course, I dont even advocate changing it. I was just giving reasons why people dont use it. If you want to make these unused skills viable, something has to change. Without some more benefit than it has now, parry is underpowered.

Personally I want to see dexers fighting tough mobs. Anything that will make that happen is awesome as far as I am concerned. I like playing a warrior but it just isn't a viable pvm template for anything tougher than Ettins and trolls and that is sadness.

K A Z

Grandmaster
You are right of course, I dont even advocate changing it. I was just giving reasons why people dont use it. If you want to make these unused skills viable, something has to change. Without some more benefit than it has now, parry is underpowered.

Personally I want to see dexers fighting tough mobs. Anything that will make that happen is awesome as far as I am concerned. I like playing a warrior but it just isn't a viable pvm template for anything tougher than Ettins and trolls and that is sadness.

If you read the Expansion plans you'll see that they're planning on adding Slayer Armor for dexxers so that those can finally be used to farm.

Jager

Grandmaster

with a decent warrior you can deff do more than just ettins and trolls, personally i farm deamons with my dexxer, if you need some new spots or something let me know ill give you a hand.

eppy

Grandmaster
Yes, you can do daemons and I used to quite a bit. They are pretty slow if you can drag them off by themselves. It just isnt common to see. In dungeons I see provokers and tamers thats pretty much it.

eppy

Grandmaster
I am interested to see how slayer armor would work. If it is just physical damage, I cant see it being that useful.

Meta

Neophyte
Parry- "magic absorbing" shields (must be identified magic item only and only gives a small chance to absorb), "balanced" shields (also must be identified magic item only), no changes made to any other current shields.

Begging- use begging skill on an NPC vendor with a small chance of a message saying "The vendor agrees to give you a discount". for a short window of time you can buy wares from that specific vendor at a discount. make it take a ton of tries so its only worth doing for players that are broke, and so its not worth it for rich players to wipe out an entire town of regs or what not at a discount.

Halpo

Master
Parry- "magic absorbing" shields (must be identified magic item only and only gives a small chance to absorb), "balanced" shields (also must be identified magic item only), no changes made to any other current shields.

Begging- use begging skill on an NPC vendor with a small chance of a message saying "The vendor agrees to give you a discount". for a short window of time you can buy wares from that specific vendor at a discount. make it take a ton of tries so its only worth doing for players that are broke, and so its not worth it for rich players to wipe out an entire town of regs or what not at a discount.
+1 I like that idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parry needs a buff PvM wise. I think maybe slayer armor will be the fix. PvP wise hell no. I didn't really think about it until I fought a parry dexxer on my macer. Saw a heater shield on a dude with a cloak and a bascinet helm lol... thought I'm gonna PK the fuck out this dude. It turned out to be a way longer fight than I wanted it to be, and way more annoying. I love having my hits count for nothing.

And seriously. Just no on reflect shields and whatever. If you want reflect drop parry and get magery like everyone else. I couldn't wait to see nothing but DP/parry dexxers running around. Seriously lol..

Switch

I'm new here and haven't tested parry yet. How is it not useful in PvM?

The only reason I see people saying not to use parry is because it isn't useful against mages, which apparently a lot of people play mages here. IMO, that is a population issue, not a skill issue. In that aspect, what should be looked at is why everyone is making mages...

It's useful if you wanna spend your time killing ettins. Go and try out high end areas that's bards can do easily. You'll get owned.