Making Money with Zerker Tali

Ajaxe

Novice
Ok, I know this may be a kind of stupid question, but how are you Zerker Tali guys making enough gold to buy relics? I'm relatively new (2months) to the server and I really only have my one character and getting 5+mil gold together to buy a double strike relic seems like a year long project. I've been hunting dragons up to this point. Any tips?

Enthalpic

Grandmaster
Ok, I know this may be a kind of stupid question, but how are you Zerker Tali guys making enough gold to buy relics? I'm relatively new (2months) to the server and I really only have my one character and getting 5+mil gold together to buy a double strike relic seems like a year long project. I've been hunting dragons up to this point. Any tips?

If you're hunting dragons in destard, make sure you're turning in the crystals. You can get dexxer meta relics directly from turning in those crystals.

Also, zerkers should be able to rack up some high scores at champ spawns and events. Start participating in champ spawns, events, etc. where you have the chance of getting item drops. Sell those items on the forums for gold. Farming for that much gold would would be super boring.

Ajaxe

Novice
So I'm guessing the best way to get involved with champs is through a guild.

With crafting: crafting what exactly?

How to get gold for your meta dexxer? Easy follow these steps:

Step 1: Logout of Dexxer
Step 2: Log onto Tamer (can be naked, gear optional)
Step 3: farm all day and all night
Step 4: Trade the gold you earned to your Dexxer

Now your Dexxer has gold.

Belge

Grandmaster
Ive made more with a meta-dexer than I ever did with my two tamers... I play a solo dexer, and very rarely do any group/guild activities... Ive also had more fun training and playing with a solo meta-dexer, than any other temp in UO. There are ways to make tons, it just has to suit your play-style.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
Mining and lumber jacking, period. I made my first mil by selling 80k iron ingots for 10 gp per + high end logs. Moreover, fishing/mibs makes tons of money and relatively low risks than in dungeons.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Fattson

Grandmaster
Both my tamer and meta dexxer have the same purpose. They farm resources. The extra gold is nice but I value the barbed, regs, etc.. much more.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Without a guild, your best chance to get a relic drop is MOTM and Arch Daemon. Champ spawns and RDAs are geared towards groups. Solo players can still fly under the radar at champs I'd the right guild is doing it. Even the blue guilds will sometimes take out an outsider.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
just farm motm and hope for the lucky drop

Without a guild, your best chance to get a relic drop is MOTM and Arch Daemon. Champ spawns and RDAs are geared towards groups. Solo players can still fly under the radar at champs I'd the right guild is doing it. Even the blue guilds will sometimes take out an outsider.

MOTM drops relics?

I've never done these MOTM things... is it terathans right now I think I heard? So I just farm terathans and if I'm lucky one will drop a relic?

Ajaxe

Novice
For clarification, I'm not making a tamer. I did find my way into a guild, which so far is awesome. I had no idea MOTM had a chance to drop relics, that's pretty cool. With the arch-demon, I'm still having issues staying alive. If you are dead when the demon dies or aren't able to loot the corpse do you get a relic? I'm assuming not.

Young Star

Grandmaster
For clarification, I'm not making a tamer. I did find my way into a guild, which so far is awesome. I had no idea MOTM had a chance to drop relics, that's pretty cool. With the arch-demon, I'm still having issues staying alive. If you are dead when the demon dies or aren't able to loot the corpse do you get a relic? I'm assuming not.
Arch demon strategy is to stay next to him until he casts ominous. If you can stack on top of other dexers it helps keep him from jumping away from you when he casts flames. Those are usually what kill people the most. They only target people who are not standing on a tile abutting the one the demon is on when he casts. When people are all spread out he jumps around a lot and can hop away from you right when the fire goes off and you insta-die. That spell usually goes off after ominous.

When you die you have to pay attention to his spells when you go to loot your body. If you wait for another flame spell to go off you usually have just enough time to grab your important stuff, bandages and weapon, before ominous drops. Yes there are the wards and some random damage that may res kill you but if you can loot your bandages quick to get one heal off you should be able to get back to fighting. Be patient looting the other stuff in between spells. If it is in reach the safest spot is right next to the AD, hitting him while you loot any remaining items.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Arch demon strategy is to stay next to him until he casts ominous. If you can stack on top of other dexers it helps keep him from jumping away from you when he casts flames. Those are usually what kill people the most. They only target people who are not standing on a tile abutting the one the demon is on when he casts. When people are all spread out he jumps around a lot and can hop away from you right when the fire goes off and you insta-die. That spell usually goes off after ominous.

When you die you have to pay attention to his spells when you go to loot your body. If you wait for another flame spell to go off you usually have just enough time to grab your important stuff, bandages and weapon, before ominous drops. Yes there are the wards and some random damage that may res kill you but if you can loot your bandages quick to get one heal off you should be able to get back to fighting. Be patient looting the other stuff in between spells. If it is in reach the safest spot is right next to the AD, hitting him while you loot any remaining items.

FrogX

Expert
Also, zerkers should be able to rack up some high scores at champ spawns and events. Start participating in champ spawns, events, etc. where you have the chance of getting item drops. Sell those items on the forums for gold. Farming for that much gold would would be super boring.

Should be able to, but can't. A dexer with a vanq slayer and level 10 tali with relics won't even scratch the damage that tamers do. You will also get 1 shotted by mobs that are intended to be tanked by pets and pets only.

None of the zerker relics are worth the price. They flat out suck until you level them & even then they will never end up paying themselves off. I still haven't bought one for my meta dexer yet even tho I can afford one, if I get lucky and find one I'll likely use it but I'm not shelling out the gold for one because it's just a bad investment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Should be able to, but can't. A dexer with a vanq slayer and level 10 tali with relics won't even scratch the damage that tamers do.

None of the zerker relics are worth the price. They flat out suck until you level them & even then they will never end up paying themselves off.

Quoted for truth. This is why I suggested adding a % chance increase to hit chance for berserker talisman. It doesn't help that you do extra damage when it still takes you 10 swings to kill an ettin.