Melee Damage Per Second

Lexington

Grandmaster
Is the DPS on the different melee classes fairly even or does one class have a significant advantage over the others… any stats out there? I ask for XP training purposes.

Sparty

Neophyte
A lot of factors go into what is best and it will depend on your situation. But just looking at DPS in an ideal situation (someone else is tanking you are at 100 stam) here are the top weapons for each group (1h and 2h) in order of their ideal DPS:

Top damage:
Double Axe with LJ bonus

Short Spear
Kat
QStaff

Kryss

War Axe

Bow

The spaces show where there are higher damage drop offs

So most people say Kat because it is the highest damaging 1hander therefore you can chug since often you wont be in an ideal situation.

All this taken into account, arguments can be made for some of the other weapons as well due to availability of good weapons through crafting such as clubs and bows (which don't depend on getting a runic hammer and have much cheaper cost) or playstyle choice like wanting parablow or crushing blow because you like them for pvp etc etc.

Sparty

Neophyte
The other axes are still better than the next set of weapons down the list. I didn't mention them simply because double axe is the best and I was trying to limit the list to the best 1h and 2h in each class with a few notable mentions.

I came to my conclusions based on the info from the page Halygon posted above and previous posts by Eppy about swing speed calculations.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
I've leveled both dexer talis to lvl 10. I measured my exp/hour the whole way through (I kept motivated by trying to beat my previous record). It seemed to me that, with LJ, the best axes I could find easily beat the best katanas I could find. However, I could never find katanas that were as good as the axes I could find. So I'm not sure whether the kat is better all things being equal, but from what I do know - it seems unlikely that they would be.