Meta... BARD!?!

MZ3K

Grandmaster
META THIEVES PLOX M8

+1 the thief doesn't get enough love. A meta would be great. The option to grind an effective dungeon thief (i.e. a guy who steals from monsters) should definitely be an option.

Suggestions:
  • Meta thieves would have a chance to steal a special item, or items, from a mob that do not normally fall on its corpse. This would keep the amount of gold on the server from increasing faster than it already is and would ensure that people still get loot when they kill a mob.
  • The average number of those items stolen from a mob in a given attempt would increase as the meta leveled.
  • New treasure chests that only meta-thieves can pick.
  • Chance to detect hidden treasure chests (i.e. spawn them) that depends on the level of the meta/relic and the thief's skill in detect hidden.
  • A chance to remain hidden when stealing from a mob that increases with the level of the meta/relic and the thief's skill in hiding/stealth
  • Ability to move faster in stealth mode when not in combat with other players. In order to prevent it from being used in PvP, the thief would be unable to initiate combat against a player for some period after using the ability.
  • Some sort of ability that aids escape when things go wrong. E.g. a 'smoke bomb' (or something) that enables the thief to hide regardless of whether a mob is aggroing him.
Thieves need a talisman more than anyone else atm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saturn

Grandmaster
So I've been toying with someway of improving bard, its kind of hard to think of, but i know it needs SOMETHING. So naturally ill post here to get my ideas shot down and insulted. The main problem Im having is Mage's/Dexxer's, get the meta talisman, 50+ Music/taming, means you cant obtain it. Tamers get Meta dragons. I'm sure there is someway we can make the bard a little bit more entertaining to play/survivable. I do have all types of chars on this server so its not like i'm all in on bard, i just like to play one. I mean if there was maybe some kind of special instruments. I honestly don't know, i just feel like bards are the red-headed step child.

Its already in the game, the item when released on OSI was so deadly it could not be stopped.
Its called the Fire Horn.

Meta Bard
-Fire Horn

This item allowed a bard to deal good AOE damage and also defend himself, only problem is here on this shard it has so little charges to be effective you would have to carry 4-10 on you at a time, and their drop rate is way to low for that.

Would take you a week to farm enough of them to make use of it in just 1 champ spawn before all your charges ran out.

IMO make it a PvE item, stack it just like the dexxer talisman quest.

The talisman will not work like a normal relic. It will allow you to point up and down (just like our skills) what you want to use it for.
It will have a starting cap of 50 points, will require you to feed it power scrolls to gain more points maxing at 100.
Firehorn abilities require all different amounts of points such as this-
50Point starting build. (you can further unlock abilities with relics when applied to talisman but it comes stocked with a few already)

10points - increase charges
20points- Double amount of charges. (stackable with increase charges)
20points- Use more ash to deal more damage.
Total 50 points.
or
50points- Using a fire horn takes no charges.

75 points- Slayer Horn ability

Pheniox Relic
100points- Rises a pheniox from the ashes to fight for you for a short time instead of causing a flamestrike.
(basically a a mob that launches AOE flamestrikes and has a fire field around it.)

This talisman will take into account your bard skills just like the item itself does.
The more bard skills you have overall the more powerful the abilities attached to the talisman become

Also maybe once you reach your max exp on the talisman a 120.00 carp with 100 music can craft a legendary horn that would be newbied to your char once you played the instrument for the first time you would accept a gump that this would be your horn or flute or w/e.

re-chargeable (maybe pumping ash into it combined with a type of crystal or dust or w/e would give the items charges instead of running around with the 500 ash you typically would)

Last edited by a moderator:

U-Haul

Master
ideas for bards are great in this thread and i want them. but uof......

FmcHarx.jpg