Meta pet paranoia

Bromista

Grandmaster
Nah nothing wrong with donating in general it's just funny to me...aside from throwing daddy's money at Shane the guy brings nothing to the table for this server. He's just that guy that donated for a PvP tamer and took advantage of broken mechanics of both taming reqs and assistant programs to be an "elite" PvPer with pets.

Cost himself an arm and a leg in the process.

LAWL !

Some of my donations went to my tamer. Not a lot but it gave my tamer a leg up when I first started here.

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
Also getting a relic/scroll you need is great but not really free. Any relic/scroll you use is a relic/scroll you don't sell at market value.

lollo

Grandmaster
Even without donating For that money i spent 20m on my meta For the relics, plus lots of milz for 105-120 taming and lore.

If i lose my meta i don't give a fuck about having 120 taming, so That's definitely money i consider invested in the meta

lollo

Grandmaster
Still don't see How it could hurt the server if they remained loyal for 48h.

On the other hand it'd hurt if some active player quit because of losing one for going to bed without stabling

Young Star

Grandmaster
Hell I thought I was weird laying in bed knowing that I left my dead beetle in Coon wondering if it would still be there in the morning.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Here is something to ponder.

Donation items are all blessed so basically they can't be scammed or fucked with... so where does that leave a meta pet that has been dyed with a 12 or 15k donation dye??

Bromista

Grandmaster
There's a lot to consider here.

Yes all donation items are blessed. That includes the pet dye when bought. Perhaps if the meta reverts to an egg the dye could return to the previous owners bank. Currently do skin dyes stay attached to the egg or is it gone with the wind? Does anyone even know or has anyone put it to the test?

Stone can be bought with either donos or gold. Stone is not lost upon loss of the pet and still holds value as it can be used on another pet or sold.

Aside from that there is nothing donation about a meta pet besides the ball it's hopefully on...also not lost upon loss of the pet.

I think that's enough of a case against any kind of special treatment for meta owners. Yeah the things are fuckin' expensive but you can spend 30m on a house, not refresh it like a dumbass, and poof it's all gone just like any pet left out of stables. Sure it takes a month compared to 12hrs for a pet but there's no preferential treatment for people who spend an asston of gold on a castle or 30x30 versus spending not shit on a small classic. Think of that like a meta dragon vs regular dragon. Everybody plays by the same rules so no I don't see the harm.

You can fill your house up with dono items and lose them just like meta dye on a dragon so maybe the dye shouldn't be returned to previous owner and should remain attached to the egg.

Relics should drop to the ground with the egg as well but that's another story.

Lexington

Grandmaster
There's a lot to consider here.

Yes all donation items are blessed. That includes the pet dye when bought. Perhaps if the meta reverts to an egg the dye could return to the previous owners bank. Currently do skin dyes stay attached to the egg or is it gone with the wind? Does anyone even know or has anyone put it to the test?

Stone can be bought with either donos or gold. Stone is not lost upon loss of the pet and still holds value as it can be used on another pet or sold.

Aside from that there is nothing donation about a meta pet besides the ball it's hopefully on...also not lost upon loss of the pet.

I think that's enough of a case against any kind of special treatment for meta owners. Yeah the things are fuckin' expensive but you can spend 30m on a house, not refresh it like a dumbass, and poof it's all gone just like any pet left out of stables. Sure it takes a month compared to 12hrs for a pet but there's no preferential treatment for people who spend an asston of gold on a castle or 30x30 versus spending not shit on a small classic. Think of that like a meta dragon vs regular dragon. Everybody plays by the same rules so no I don't see the harm.

You can fill your house up with dono items and lose them just like meta dye on a dragon so maybe the dye shouldn't be returned to previous owner and should remain attached to the egg.

Relics should drop to the ground with the egg as well but that's another story.

I agree for the most part as I've been dumb enough to forget to lock a donation item down and poof it's gone. My own stupid fault forsure but when another person is involved, say in the case of trapping a pet, then skin dye is in a big grey area for me. As for items bought for gold they did not assist in supporting shard finically and really fluctuate with the market so I wouldn't factor them the same way.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yup if you don't take care of your house purchased with gold with dono items attached, same should apply to other things like metas bought with gold with dono items attached. Both can be lost due to neglect. Neither require a penny of RL $. That's on the user not the system.

Add to that the fact that any dono item can be bought with gold that makes any specific instance of a lost dono item a guessing game since dono coins are transferrable.

Andd to that the argument that certain players can donate but still be a detriment to the server whereas someone could not donate a cent and contribute ten times more to the community. That makes assigning a value of player contribution pretty difficult.

I think things are good where they are tbh.

lollo

Grandmaster
It's not about dono or any of that bs.

It's about a pet worth 25+ milz that Can get lost in <12h which is totally stupid. A 30x30 costs the same but it takes 1 month to go idoc