Meta talisman question- Infected Wounds

Lazenby

Adept
So it says on the wiki
  • Infected Wounds - if the user is carrying poison potions they have a chance to use that level of poison to infect creatures that they are attacking. This works with any weapon including two handed weapons. The poisoning skill gives a bonus to the number of infections per poison potion consumed. It also gives a chance that the poison is upgraded one level making lethal poison a possibility.

I also read on the original thread :
Infected Wounds - When using a poisoned weapon, if an attack successfully poisons a creature the poison will be incurable (this does not apply to pets)

I am curious first off, which is the case now? And 2nd, do I have to use a bladed weapon? It states "any weapon including two handed" so as a macer, does this apply to warhammers and war mace and qstaffs? On bows? Or am I stuck using fencing and swords?

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Any weapon applies when the relic activates. Poisoning skill will make your potions last longer and give a chance at an upgraded level of posion but is not needed for the relic to work.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
I'm GM poisoning w/ Infected Wounds level 2, carrying DP.

I fight with short spears and archery. The relic activates for both.

MOBs cannot cure themselves from my poison.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
It really makes a difference with paragons. I can take down a titan paragon in almost half the time it used to take me before I had the relic.

The poison seems to upgrade to lethal maybe once in every five uses.

-just my guesstimation, not a precise statistic.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
NP. I am GM healing anatomy tactics resist. Archery, poisoning, fencing...

And 15 magery, cuz I was a fisherwoman once.

Last edited by a moderator:

Young Star

Grandmaster
With bandage timer needed so much on this server I have kept my magery up for emergency heals and cures. I have been wanting to drop it for poisoning or alchy.