Meta Talisman Ultimate Abilities!

So, I think we can all agree that UO's PvM has always been a little lackluster... I personally love to PvM, but it can get tedious and its definitely not very exiting. Meta Talismans have really helped with that, but most require Mils upon Mils of Relics, and even then the relics don't add a ton of interesting effect or excitement to PvM (unless you like using Phase Shift AKA living on the edge). ;)

What I suggest is adding an Ultimate Ability that is built in to each Talisman. The Ultimate Ability would naturally be some sort of temporary buff or attack depending on which Talisman is being used. Duration and Cooldown would be effected by the Talismans level same as Relics. The graphics for each Ultimate ability are already in the game, so nothing new there, but I believe having this sort of mechanic in game, to work up to an amazing skill through monster kills instead of random % and cooldown like Relics, and using it strategically, watching in awe as your awesome ability is activated, would really bring some flare to UO's PvM!

Here are some examples:

Totem of the Berserker Ultimate Ability: Whirlwind Attack

After 10 monsters are slain, you gain the ability to activate Whirlwind Attack. Upon activation you're character spins in place with their weapon, dealing damage based on your Talisman's level to all enemies within 1 tile every second for 5 seconds. Cooldown of 5 minutes before monster kills start feeding the Ultimate gauge again.

Idol of the Magi Ultimate Ability: Lighting Storm

After 10 monsters are slain, you gain the ability to activate Lighting Storm. Upon activation your characters stands in place and channels a chain lighting attack to all enemies within 5 tiles causing damage based on your Talisman's level, every second for 5 seconds. Cooldown of 5 minutes before monster kills start feeding the Ultimate gauge again.

Phylactery of Resilience Ultimate Ability: Molten Iron Skin

After 10 monsters are slain, you gain the ability to activate Molten Iron Skin. Upon activation your character stands their ground, gaining skin (hue) of molten iron and emanating flames and dealing damage scaled to your Talismans level to all creatures within 2 tiles, every second for 5 seconds. Cooldown of 5 minutes before monster kills start feeding the Ultimate gauge again.

Of course these are only examples, making all the abilities balanced and whatnot would be the DEV's concern, but I think in the end, it wouldn't take too much work to implement these kinds of abilities to the game, and bring some more fun and action to UO:F's PvM!

@Shane @Adam @eppy

Last edited by a moderator: