Metas are not meant to affect PVP, but slayers don't affect meta pets?

Currently, slayer weapons (and presumably slayer armor) have no effect against meta pets, but DO work against normal pets like dragons and white wyrms. Shane has rightfully stated that meta pets and talismans are meant to have absolutely no effect on PVP, but this clearly goes against that stance.

There are two ways to address this: either make slayers affect meta pets as normal (perhaps even making meta spiders count as dragons for the sake of balance), or prevent slayers from affecting any tamed pets. I would prefer the former, as I think it would add an interesting dynamic to RDA PVP in that it would put non-tamers on more even footing with tamers, and would give people new valuables to wear and loot.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
On a similar issue.

They should also deactivate meta talismans when a player attacks another player if they don't want a meta talisman giving benefits to pvp. I've seen an increase in pks running around w/ those defense talismans since they make them invuln to players pets and surrounding spawn.

Meta pets don't proc on players or on their pets, why do talismans work in / to benefit pvp?

@Shane
@eppy

ya im tried of attacking thives... and them using that teleport shit to get out of pvp... LIKE YOU WERE IN COMBAT... and used that tali to get out of persay combat... ( which means it is useable in pvp form )

Lord_Puffy

Grandmaster
On a similar issue.

They should also deactivate meta talismans when a player attacks another player if they don't want a meta talisman giving benefits to pvp. I've seen an increase in pks running around w/ those defense talismans since they make them invuln to players pets and surrounding spawn.

Meta pets don't proc on players or on their pets, why do talismans work in / to benefit pvp?

@Shane
@eppy

The zerker is the only talisman that has no impact on pvp. none of the relics work against player or pets.

Peav

Grandmaster
But can't you two shot a lvl6-7 meta with two double strike swings proc if you have a max lvl and dragon slayer?
Not that I care but, sounds super balanced.

Lord_Puffy

Grandmaster
But can't you two shot a lvl6-7 meta with two double strike swings proc if you have a max lvl and dragon slayer?
Not that I care but, sounds super balanced.

no they do zero extra dmg from the zerker talisman too meta pets and none of the relics proc on meta dragons....

It is SUPER BALANCED!

I've heard from other sources that the berserker talisman DOES increase damage against pets. At the least, I know it allows for teleportation to mobs mid-fight.

Lord_Puffy

Grandmaster
I've heard from other sources that the berserker talisman DOES increase damage against pets. At the least, I know it allows for teleportation to mobs mid-fight.

nope

Teleing mid fight isnt that great unless u have a lower phase shift, cant really control where ur going to go

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Meta pets can easily proc on a mob in an RDA and insta-kill players with QS. No other relic can insta-kill a player

Berserkers can teleport away by looking at their timer and dbl clicking a far-away mob.

Defense talisman can negate firebreath attack but receives no effect from player damage.

So basically all three talismans offer some sort of defense option. Only meta pets with quicksilver have a relic that can provide offensive capability (insta-kill in this case).

Lord_Puffy

Grandmaster
Meta pets can easily proc on a mob in an RDA and insta-kill players with QS. No other relic can insta-kill a player

Berserkers can teleport away by looking at their timer and dbl clicking a far-away mob.

Defense talisman can negate firebreath attack but receives no effect from player damage.

So basically all three talismans offer some sort of defense option. Only meta pets with quicksilver have a relic that can provide offensive capability (insta-kill in this case).

Yes a low level phase shift will give you the ability to hop ONE monster. Ive never used it in a pvp scenario though so I wouldnt know how well it works. plus mine makes me hop 2 mobs

- edit dont forget meta mages with the summoned demons that are tough af