Mib hunter template

Alternatus

Neophyte
Well I was thinking about making a MiB hunter with a template I didn't see on the forums. Maybe it sucks but I like to experiment with crazy builds. I must tell that my friend is a provo archer so that's the reason I didn't put it in. So the template is:

1. Fishing
  2. Anatomy
  3. Healing
  4. Tactics
  5. Archery
  6. Magery
  7. Inscription (I would like to take this because maybe it can give me enough protection/time if provo fails or againts PKs)
    or
    Cartography (to do Tmaps sometimes)
    or
    Tracking (to track down incoming pirates)

Share your thoughts and opinions! ;D

Ps: Which ship is best for party mib hunting (small is enough or should I take a medium/big)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shortbus

Grandmaster
Tracking. Trust me.

Large dragon boat is the smallest boat Id use. If you plan on doing whirlpools a galleon is best.

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
If you don't do whirlpool then Fishing, magery and hiding for me. Cast summon daemons to guard urself. Hide before fishing. Cast GHeal if hit < 80 or sth. I mix treasure hunting with fishing and LJ in the same char. Make tons of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wil3ur

Grandmaster
I use Mage, Resist, Hide, Fishing, Provo, Music, Meditation then cast a couple EV's, hide and fish. Once the chest comes up wait for the EVs to draw agro then provo water ele onto deep water ele and keep summoning EV's until dead.

Psioncy

Expert
:rolleyes:

Wow. There is a much smarter way to fish up MIB chests than all what everyone is talking about.

No wonder I'm so rich from it.

Down to a science. Will give lessons for 500k an hour.

Whirlpools, yeah you better have provo/peace and an alt.

Garatau

Neophyte
:rolleyes:

Wow. There is a much smarter way to fish up MIB chests than all what everyone is talking about.

No wonder I'm so rich from it.

Down to a science. Will give lessons for 500k an hour.

Whirlpools, yeah you better have provo/peace and an alt.

this is a bold claim. Ill make you a deal - you give me this private lesson and, if it works, i'll give you a positive review on Yelp so that people know it's legit :)

Alternatus

Neophyte
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!
Also thanks Psioncy for the opportunity but your University of MiB Farming Science is a bit expensive for me to invest in. ;D

Well I have to tell too that I forgot to include that I have GM Lockpicking on my Fisher so I have my 7th skill this way... I thought that normal MiB chests are locked too... damn next time I should get informations first.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
I would say it's almost easier to get rid of those other 6 and start a new fisher than GM another lockpicker... I just finished my grind, good god did that suck after 95%

Defari

Adept
I've put 100's of hours in fishing up the MiB chests so I'll try to add some info beyond what has already been stated (the posts above are great btw). Some random notes based on the OPs questions and things I've observed over the years fishing here on UOF:

After you provo the regular and deep water eles together, the deep will kill the other in about 2-6 seconds... so be ready! Once the regular water ele is down the Deep will mana dump you, which can kinda hurt... you should aim for always having the full magic reflect up. Pro tip: you can clear and reset your reflect by casting 'dispel field' on yourself.

If you use Razor, make sure to turn off 'auto search new containers'. When you fish up a chest, it will appear in your backpack. If this happens and you don't disable auto search, it will automatically trip the trap on you which can be deadly....

Don't worry about PKs on the water. Out of all my time on the sea fishing up chests, I have never encountered a PK; the only time I've been jumped by pirates was during a Whirlpool (someday I will have my revenge @Phineas!!)

Make sure to bring a "junk bag" with you on your fishing trips. Place the bag on the deck of your boat before you attempt to fish up the chest. This way, you can throw the random items that you fish up before the chest (bones, heads etc) into the bag so they don't clutter your backpack (doing so will NOT un-hide you). Use this bag until you have a water ele corpse to use (which is better than a junk bag imo). Pro tip: you can pull items out of the bag while hidden on your boat and it WILL NOT reveal you, but pulling items out of a water ele corpse will.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend wasting time fishing up the MiB bottles from the sea serps. You can buy these from other players for 1k - 1.5k each. Considering each chest will contain between 2k - 7k gold, a fishing net, 10 - 25 magic items, reagents etc you will easily make a profit. The green fishing net alone is worth 1k gold which basically covers your initial investment.

Buy a bunch of MiB bottles in bulk and group them up based on their respective locations. On each fishing expedition I try to knock out 5 chests that are close to one another.

Make sure to always check the deep water ele's corpse, as they sometimes drop a barnacle encrusted ingot (looks like a green ingot). You can save these up towards building a Galleon OR you can sell it. Last I sold some they went for 70k - 90k each (month ago).

As stated above, you can sell the nets to cover the cost of the MiBs. Or you can fish up the nets too. The draw for using the nets yourself here are 1) getting barnacle encrusted ingots from the deep water eles and 2) getting rope from Krakens (rope prices fluctuate a bit but go between 15k - 25k).

I use the following template for my fisherman:

100 Fishing
100 Hiding
100 Magery
100 Eval
100 Meditation
100 Music
100 Provo

If you have some friends and are feeling adventurous, you could drop hiding to 80 and raise Fishing to 120 for some Whirlpool action.

Hopefully this info will help someone :]

Phineas

Master
Rumple's Template.. I roll with..

100 Magery
100 Eval
100 Med
100 Music
115 Prov
85 Resist
120 Fish

I do it all with this char.. two Leviathans at once.. solo whirlpools.. mibs are a cakewalk. This template is a lot of fun to play..

lol.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
Rumple's Template.. I roll with..

100 Magery
100 Eval
100 Med
100 Music
115 Prov
85 Resist
120 Fish

Do u prefer EV or daemon? Mind to share why? I use daemon because my fisherman has no Provo and I can command daemon. Moreover, non WP fishing doesn't require 100% of my attention. So I just don't wanna have other pirates Provo my EV on me when I'm not not looking. Thanks!

Phineas

Master

Do u prefer EV or daemon? Mind to share why? I use daemon because my fisherman has no Provo and I can command daemon. Moreover, non WP fishing doesn't require 100% of my attention. So I just don't wanna have other pirates Provo my EV on me when I'm not not looking. Thanks!

I use them both.. the EV has a short timer compared to the daemon.. So, I have a deamon up when I fish the mib... eles pop, "all kill" the deep ele, prov them, then I cast an ev..

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Anything with provo should handle them easily - I used to use a provo mage/archer - now I just recall my tamer in when eles have popped.