MiB soloing template

darthdeus

Journeyman
I'm looking for a fisherman template that can easily (consistenly) solo MiBs. I do have a tamer that I've used to help out my current mage-fisherman, but I don't really want to dual client the MiBs, especially since pets can be stolen by pirates.

This means that I'm looking for a template that is not a tamer. I have a provo-archer and a provo-mage-fisherman, but haven't been able to solo a MiB with the mage yet.

I guess the optimal template would probably be an archer that can provo the eles onto eachother, and kill the deep water ele with a slayer bow before the regular water ele dies, right?

Has anyone been doing this with success? If at all possible I'd like to avoid dual-clienting MiBs. I'm willing to dedicate a single character and build it just for this purpose.

Fattson

Grandmaster
This is what I used with great success.

115 fish
gm mage
archery
tactics
anat
music
provo

Keep your beetle at your house ready to go.

darthdeus

Journeyman
Do you carry around any special gear? Or how do you deal with the deep water ele once it is provoked and killed the regular one?

Also, do you have a special targeting macro to attack the deep water ele first? At least for me it seems quite hard to pick them apart when they spawn, and they start dealing damage rather quickly.

Tydeus

Master
One option is to bring another boat with you, put it in the water, and embark on it so you're safely out of spell damage range (good option, esp. for Osiredon). Once the chest comes up, get on the other boat, raise anchor and sail out of spell damage distance.

The boat option, although kinda cheap, allows you to use any build you want so long as it has archery.

If you're gonna be a dual-boater and use nothing but one client on a boat maybe something like this would be better:

90 str / 80 dex / 55 int

80 anat
100 archery
120 fishing
90 healing
92.4 magery
40 med
100 tracking
100 tactics

Put "scan the horizons" in a macro loop that goes off every few seconds and be on the look out for approaching ships so you know when a potential pirate is coming. 100 tracking will tip you off when they're many screens away.

Fattson

Grandmaster
Do you carry around any special gear? Or how do you deal with the deep water ele once it is provoked and killed the regular one?

Also, do you have a special targeting macro to attack the deep water ele first? At least for me it seems quite hard to pick them apart when they spawn, and they start dealing damage rather quickly.

I went naked. Use control-shift to pull bars. Use slayer weps. Keep reflect up. Carry pots in case your gheal or gcures get disrupted.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
Im doing MiBs consistently without taking a single tick of dmg on this build. (Don't know about ancient ones yet, probably have to duel on that one)
Music
Provo
Peace
Archery
Tactics
Mage
Fishing
this is with only 80 archery/tactics and 85 provo atm, gm music and peace. Provo the 2 biggest creatures on each other (usually kraken and deep water ele) then do the last one if you have a 3rd, peace the one that survives.

Using crap gear like 12 AR, but an exceptional water dissipation bow. Only time i've taken dmg was when the deep water ele spawned on top of the water ele and i couldn't tag him at first, but i just got him as soon as i could.
Running 90str, 75 sex, 60 mag, but I'm still playing around with that, since you can pre pot dex before you cast out.

Another strategy on this is to have ur horse in between you and where you cast, so their first shots target the horse instead of you while you provo. haven't had a horse die either this way :D

Tydeus

Master
Ancient MiBs are easier than regulars if you use provo.

With my suggestion you could just put the boat in the water and sail it out of spell range in advance and make a macro to auto embark on the extra boat the moment that you pull up a chest. I'm sure it is nice and not too time consuming. Some players use hiding while they're pulling up a chest, but you don't even need that if you use two boats like this. One of the downsides is that it may consume about 10 seconds worth of time each time you go to pull up a chest. Another minor thing is that you wont get the extra provo damage, but those deep elementals kill the normal ones fast and a slayer bow does too.

I'd be using spells like gate to haul chests home and the occasional EV to speed things up (scrolls are nice). No gate if I bring along a beetle. You could get a large collection of EV scrolls and cast it every time to speed it all up, which is where things like a small amount of med skill come into play.