Murder Count WTF!!!

Does the murder count system need some work.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Capt Cid

Apprentice
Hey I know this has been discussed but definitely could use some work. I want to start this out by saying that this shard is awesome and the devs have done a great job. Now lets get to the point. The murder count system needs improvement and a lot of it. More specifically the murder count decay. Every 24 hours in game, you got to be fucking kidding me. How does that make any sense. A character with 10 counts takes 240 hours of in game play to drop all counts. This is a ridiculous amount of time and is about 10x faster to just delete and create a new character. God forbid the red character has gm poison or taming, then good luck trying to re gm that. I would rather stat loss cancel all counts and be permanent than wait the 24 hours per. I know the most common response is, "Don't Go Red". I got it, even if I didn't want to be red, which I like playing a red sometimes, I would accumulate counts just killing the griefing blues that flag from stealing or being a douchebag, then running and repeating. Lets take another look at the murder count decay and maybe lower the time to like 5 hours per or 24 hours, not in game time. This game would not be the same without Red characters. That is what makes this game what it is, the risk of venturing outside of town.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
you only saying 1 side of the story thou what about "noto" blues 5 hrs is a joke they could kill 5-10 people at weekend leave char logged in for few days be blue again in few days and "noto" more unsuspecting people the next day.

Red is a warning to other players "hey i kill people" Noto blue are just gay.... keep em how they are is my vote you wana kill people do it like a man and go red.

To kill retards you can either roll a red or take a few counts on one of (upto 10 other chars) and macro that shit off ive gone red a cpl times by accident on my companion killing morons just leave it logged in over night....

Capt Cid

Apprentice
Ok then how can you take a red character and make him blue better than just leaving it logged in. How about not murder counts for 24 hours off game removes one count. You still can leave it logged off or in and can't murder anyone. What is the difference if you leave it logged in? You still cannot kill anyone and leaving it logged in only takes up bandwidth, and does nothing for the shard. If we want people just logged in and getting counts down, how does that help??

you only saying 1 side of the story thou what about "noto" blues 5 hrs is a joke they could kill 5-10 people at weekend leave char logged in for few days be blue again in few days and "noto" more unsuspecting people the next day.

Red is a warning to other players "hey i kill people" Noto blue are just gay.... keep em how they are is my vote you wana kill people do it like a man and go red.

To kill retards you can either roll a red or take a few counts on one of (upto 10 other chars) and macro that shit off ive gone red a cpl times by accident on my companion killing morons just leave it logged in over night....

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Im just giving my opinion on what you asked id rather have people logged in macroing off kills (and using bandwidth) than 100s of coward blue noto's.

On the 24 hr logged in part i have no idea why you need to be logged in to macro them off its just always been like that i am sure someone will chime in and tell you thou.

there is a goldsink item that can turn a red blue if you really dont wana be red anymore but its a good chunk of change so people cant do it to often.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
On the 24 hr logged in part i have no idea why you need to be logged in to macro them off its just always been like that i am sure someone will chime in and tell you thou.

On UOF in the beginning, murder counts wore off while offline. But they also took 48 hours per instead of 24.

NOW its 24 logged in hours. Has been probably for 11 months now.

The system couldn't be more balanced and has done well to thwart bpks, as blue pking was an epidemic before these changes.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
On UOF in the beginning, murder counts wore off while offline. But they also took 48 hours per instead of 24.

NOW its 24 logged in hours. Has been probably for 11 months now.

The system couldn't be more balanced and has done well to thwart bpks, as blue pking was an epidemic before these changes.

And there you have it i wasn't here 11 months back ty wreck

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Is your issue that you want to be blue again or about stat loss? Stat loss on this server is maxed at 48 hours...

Sent from Baja 1997

Capt Cid

Apprentice
Im not trying to make any of my reds blue again. Stat loss is understandable, but I don't have a shit ton of murder counts. It is ridiculous for those that do, that stat loss lasts so long. And the requirements to fix that make no sense. Imagine trying to get kill counts down to mitigate long term stat loss. Lets just leave characters logged in to get rid of some murder counts so we can continue to pvp without risking a week long break? It just doesn't make any sense. It needs work. I am just surprised that not that many people have replied agreeing.

I have an entire account dedicated to Pks. I have never minded and never will mind the current stat loss system. I die and they want to stat me, it is was it is. The head bartering system is very cool and most of the time you'll get it back. The 24 hours in game is perfect because I used to just pk on my blue all the time and just burn counts like nothing prior to that change. You need to realize that the 24 hours in game was not an original thing to the shard. It was a change to end abuse which was happening heavily.

Snickle

Grandmaster
Don't go red? Pretty simple....
My two pvmers never get more then 2-3 counts (if ever that).
My 3 reds are perma red in my book.
Organize your characters.
It used to be (and still is on almost every server) 40 in game hours.
Thank you staff for reducing it to 24 instead.

Snickle

Grandmaster
I have two blues. One is t mapper that never goes thru dungeons.
The other does. A lot.
He's always carrying a slayer +power (or above) weapon. If I see anyone trying to steal my loot or go grey I just leave. Go hunt elsewhere or come back on my red.
It really is a perfect system. I've played every era of Uo and it seems like you're having a trammite point if view. That's why people haven't responded with agreement. We don't play trammel for a reason :)

Adapt to it.

Drake741

Novice
I don't understand the point of this thread.

Someone with 20-100 murder counts has no intention of going blue again. They have made a red character.

Someone jumped in the pool without reading the server rules on swimming, and is now mad that they are wet.

By the way, I love what you did with the poll options. Hahahaha

a guy

Journeyman
I think the person who posted this came off the wrong foot, but I will agree in some certain way that Reds need to be more active but not so active to a certain degree. Murder counts do take to long, I think 100% of the players enjoyed offline decay, but the rate was a little to fast. Say we turn it back on, we got perma red coming back to the shard. People will play more. That's a main benefit. Also removing the player killer non stat zones from towns and champ spawns would be a better idea seeing how the scene is dying to over powering force, which is the reason certain implements were put in. The goal wasn't achieve, the champ zoning for pks and recalling only ruined a % amount of hard working players rune libraries and on top of it it just seems like it is only getting worse to the point staff is nit picking certain players. Bringing offline decay and removing the zoning from champs and towns fixing all rune spots and bring up your player activity. Now you have to deal with being stuck in a spot at a champ zone for 1hr at a time with no help stucks because the same stupid shit happens over and over creating nothing but chaos and a hard time for your players. Paging in 4 times within an hour at a champ because your stuck inside a no recall zone as a ghost...

Capt Cid

Apprentice
The other does. A lot.
He's always carrying a slayer +power (or above) weapon. If I see anyone trying to steal my loot or go grey I just leave. Go hunt elsewhere or come back on my red.
It really is a perfect system. I've played every era of Uo and it seems like you're having a trammite point if view. That's why people haven't responded with agreement. We don't play trammel for a reason :)

Adapt to it.

Maybe you should read before running that mouth dude. I clearly said I dont plan on making my reds blue again. I just thought there could be a better system for lowing counts to avoid lengthy stat loss. If not, you wont find me crying...

Darkarna

Grandmaster
The other does. A lot.

Adapt to it.

But you are playing Trammel. This server IS trammel just Trammel for a different colour.

How many times will people keep calling this server a Fellucian server when in fact, it is just as Trammel as OSI?

drasked

Grandmaster
But you are playing Trammel. This server IS trammel just Trammel for a different colour.

How many times will people keep calling this server a Fellucian server when in fact, it is just as Trammel as OSI?

synonSr.png

zekameka

Apprentice
you know that by such posts on forums like "Solving the PK crysis" "Eliminate PKs" haha, thats trammel. Safe zone at bank, thats trammel. Can recall while criminal? Thats trammel.