Must be nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff

Young Player Help
Since when did UO become a game where you get Handouts? Shouldnt this server be about earning your own crap? GMS/ADMINS should be solving problems not handing crap out to individuals you think deserve a pat on the back. Seems only the ROLE PLAYERS are getting these handouts. Where is the giant graveyard mansion for us PKERS that keep the fear rolling in the dungeons? As i see it, it is one sided.. Role Play away and keep giving handouts.

Budcookie is not a roleplayer. Do a player ran event for 3 months and then get back to me, I'll be happy to give you a house in town. However, you can't PK out of it and it has to positively contribute to the shard.

BodyCount

Apprentice
Budcookie is not a roleplayer. Do a player ran event for 3 months and then get back to me, I'll be happy to give you a house in town. However, you can't PK out of it and it has to positively contribute to the shard.

Again it goes to either role playing or doing some trammel crap.. I enjoy Pking. You may look at that as not a positive thing for the server. So how am I going to ever get a house in town with these terms? Im not. Unless i turn trammel or Role play. And if i were given a house I wouldnt pk out of it. It would be a place to place all my heads and loots. Pking out of a house is for noobs.

Staff

Young Player Help
Again it goes to either role playing or doing some trammel crap.. I enjoy Pking. You may look at that as not a positive thing for the server. So how am I going to ever get a house in town with these terms? Im not. Unless i turn trammel or Role play. And if i were given a house I wouldnt pk out of it. It would be a place to place all my heads and loots. Pking out of a house is for noobs.

Alright, thanks for your contribution to the thread.

Bilb Ono

Expert
Since when did UO become a game where you get Handouts? Shouldnt this server be about earning your own crap? GMS/ADMINS should be solving problems not handing crap out to individuals you think deserve a pat on the back. Seems only the ROLE PLAYERS are getting these handouts. Where is the giant graveyard mansion for us PKERS that keep the fear rolling in the dungeons? As i see it, it is one sided.. Role Play away and keep giving handouts.

It wasn't a handout * : P

BodyCount

Apprentice
It wasn't a handout * : P

It was a handout.. The guild house in the middle of Trin was because they "Contributed" to the server.. They didnt pay for it with Money or in-game Gold. It was given to them by the GMs/Admins therefore it is a Handout..

Staff

Young Player Help
I guess its an easy way out of the conversation because i bring a valid point to the table.

Your argument is silly and you don't have a valid point. I do see pking as a valid part of the ecosystem. However, I don't see how providing you with something special for doing so will contribute positively to the shard. It seems like you are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Staff

Young Player Help
It was a handout.. The guild house in the middle of Trin was because they "Contributed" to the server.. They didnt pay for it with Money or in-game Gold. It was given to them by the GMs/Admins therefore it is a Handout..

Can you not pay for something with time and dedication? This offer is available to anyone. I'll take your time and dedication as payment, which I value just as much as real life currency.

Poptart

Master
How far back did you have to go to find that one pic? One of those guys hasn't played in months.

I thought this was about shard corruption? Ohhhhh I see . It's just about you being butt hurt about being killed.

You've been verbally harassing Trin since first time we killed you in Khaldun like 4 months ago.

Although I do appreciate the several hundred thousand gold you've donated to us via the bounty system. You're probably our top contributor.

I am stat on site remember? I don't pay your bountys. Lol

You killed my lockpicker tonight not my red. I feel honored that it takes 5 dudes and a blessed vally to kill my lp provoker.

Thanks m'lady.

parsnip

Grandmaster
fry-meme-trolling-or-stupid.jpg

BodyCount

Apprentice
Your argument is silly and you don't have a valid point. I do see pking as a valid part of the ecosystem. However, I don't see how providing you with something special for doing so will contribute positively to the shard. It seems like you are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Thats not the case at all. I dont role play or do trammel stuff like the people that have gotten these "pats on the back" houses. By your terms of getting such things how is someone who enjoys pking going to get an item like this? We arent. So basically you have to convert to role playing or running a trammie event for 3 months to get such items. And im not saying to give me a house im just arguing my point of being able to obtain one of these is impossible.. unless your RP or run a trammie event for 3 months.

Staff

Young Player Help
Thats not the case at all. I dont role play or do trammel stuff like the people that have gotten these "pats on the back" houses. By your terms of getting such things how is someone who enjoys pking going to get an item like this? We arent. So basically you have to convert to role playing or running a trammie event for 3 months to get such items. And im not saying to give me a house im just arguing my point of being able to obtain one of these is impossible.. unless your RP or run a trammie event for 3 months.

If you don't want to put in the time and contribute in a way that I deem appropriate to get such a "handout", you are more than welcome to donate for the linked 18x18 tier reward that is available to all donators. You could also probably PK your way to the amount of gold you would need to buy one of these houses off someone.

SaladinX

Grandmaster
There are two types of people In this thread, butthurt trolls and actual players having a good time.

Guys, you can't reword your argument and repost it. Read what Adam has already clarified, and move on.

The only ones asking for handouts are the ones who are complaining the most.

This type of attitude is horrible not just in a game, but Irl.

It's sad.

BodyCount

Apprentice
If you don't want to put your time and contribute in a way that I deem appropriate to get such a "handout", you are more than welcome to donate for the linked 18x18 tier reward that is available to all donators.

This is a lost cause. You dont see the broad spectrum of this argument one bit.

Staff

Young Player Help
This is a lost cause. You dont see the broad spectrum of this argument one bit.

Ok, thanks for your riveting contribution to the thread. I said it is available to everyone. You said it doesn't fit your playstyle. That isn't my problem, it is your problem. Adapt or stop complaining. Do you want a reward that is offered to all players under a specific set of conditions? If you don't, why are you complaining even? Why can't we reward people for doing fun things that are positive for the shard?

It is because of people like you that we can't have nice things.

Shini

Master
How is time spent playing a game not a luxury? Free time is a luxury and for some people is just as important as money. Your skill can very well be exclusive. Not everyone is equal and you may very well have physical attributes like better hand eye coordination that could increase your ability to pvp. How is this fair to people that don't have the same time or mental and physical potential to progress to your level?!?!!?!? I call T2W or G2W on you.

Anyways, I guess you missed where I specifically said that the item bless deeds were obtainable through in-game means, thus not being P2W. I just want to make sure, did you see this <----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- explanation this time? ALL DEEDS WERE OBTAINABLE THROUGH IN-GAME MEANS. DONATION COINS CAN BE BOUGHT WITH GOLD, THUS BYPASSING A P2W MECHANIC. THERE WAS ALSO A GOLD RAFFLE FOR AN ITEM BLESS DEED.

You see ... in my book PVP should require skills , not exlusive items that making up for lack of skills.

Who ever can afford this guy spear have quite a pretty unfair
advantage against others its doesnt matter if its real cash or in game gold.

not everyone have the luxury to have all the free time needed to get 15 mils to
buy a unique perma blessed runic weapon ... thus making it quite P2W.

and seriously to everyone with ''the jealousy argument'' this is laughable.

I could care less about some dexers weapons , it's just the concept.

SaladinX

Grandmaster
You see ... in my book PVP should require skills , not exlusive items that making up for lack of skills.

If it's the concept, then you're missing the point. It was a fair chance for Everyone to have that weapon.

The 15 mill arbitrary number means nothing for the sake of this argument.

Staff

Young Player Help

I see what you are saying about an item coming into the equation of a skill based game. However, I believe your argument that it is an exclusive item and that it is P2W is flawed. Your argument would have held much more weight if you had just stuck to the fact that an item that is not readily available to everyone shouldn't exist in a skill based game.

You weakened your argument by throwing in shock factor words such as P2W and exclusivity. Normally P2W implies that someone purchased something inside the game with outside currency and is P2Winng the game in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.