Name Change Deed

ScooterUo

Grandmaster
This was something that Shane has pretty much said would not happen.

The general idea is that once you select a name, you are stuck with it, for better or worse. This gives names a reputation that a name change deed may reduce. If you are a shady character, you cannot hide from your reputation by changing your name. For a similar reason, we have unique names on UOF, which prevents duplicate names from being made.

This does have the drawback that if you just have a name you don't like and want to change your hard made character to a name you do like, you cannot do so.

i am pretty sure shane also said that item bless deed also would never hit this server but it did, also skillballs and there was one 50+ taming at an raffle.. name change deed are good.. hige item gold sink or dono item yes some ppl might be shady but you will always found out who they are...

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
I hope they do not but IF it does happen because of all the banter for it, I would like a few stipulations.
  • Make it cost a lot.
  • Make it take a COMBO of gold AND donation coins, say 5000 donation and 1 million gold.
  • To make it so people don't just name change to escape their nefarious reputation, each time you name gets changed it adds that information to your paperdolls jounal. For instance I open your journal it tells me "Formerly known as ___________."

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
I hope they do not but IF it does happen because of all the banter for it, I would like a few stipulations.
  • Make it cost a lot.
  • Make it take a COMBO of gold AND donation coins, say 5000 donation and 1 million gold.
  • To make it so people don't just name change to escape their nefarious reputation, each time you name gets changed it adds that information to your paperdolls jounal. For instance I open your journal it tells me "Formerly known as ___________."

I like the "Formerly known as ___________." idea, something along these lines would be good. 5k dono coins is a bit ridiculous though. Easy way to stop them being exploited would be make them one use per account or character. Make them reset any faction stats, event stats or whatever other point accumulator things we have here. Around the million mark would be suffice. If your stupid enough to get exploited by someone who has changed their name then youre going to get exploited at some point anyway.

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster
Why would anyone post to bump a post count? Is there some reward for amount of posts?
I like the "Formerly known as ___________." idea, something along these lines would be good. 5k dono coins is a bit ridiculous though. Easy way to stop them being exploited would be make them one use per account or character. Make them reset any faction stats, event stats or whatever other point accumulator things we have here. Around the million mark would be suffice. If your stupid enough to get exploited by someone who has changed their name then youre going to get exploited at some point anyway.

just talked to all the admins on skype, they said they will not do this. You Lazy

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
i am pretty sure shane also said that item bless deed also would never hit this server but it did, also skillballs and there was one 50+ taming at an raffle.. name change deed are good.. hige item gold sink or dono item yes some ppl might be shady but you will always found out who they are...
While Shane did say at the birth of this shard that he did not envision that item bless deeds would be a part of this shard, over time, there were some (3 i believe) that were given out as exclusive high end rewards for raffles and such. They are not available to the public by any means other than those few. I would say Shane's vision is still intact here as item bless deeds are still not something you can buy or even acquire.

The 50 skill item was a taming skill scroll, not a skill ball - entirely different items altogether, again, only one of these were given out as a reward (there was a lesser one given out also at the same time).

These items are completely different from what we are referring to here today, which is an item that is not exclusive or rare, but something that can be purchased by any player from a vendor.

ScooterUo

Grandmaster
While Shane did say at the birth of this shard that he did not envision that item bless deeds would be a part of this shard, over time, there were some (3 i believe) that were given out as exclusive high end rewards for raffles and such. They are not available to the public by any means other than those few. I would say Shane's vision is still intact here as item bless deeds are still not something you can buy or even acquire.

The 50 skill item was a taming skill scroll, not a skill ball - entirely different items altogether, again, only one of these were given out as a reward (there was a lesser one given out also at the same time).

These items are completely different from what we are referring to here today, which is an item that is not exclusive or rare, but something that can be purchased by any player from a vendor.

True but a skillscroll and a skillball is the same! only that the scroll is +1 everytime, and yes all were raffel away.. as i said hige end gold sink or dono item,, keep it for a week then remove it.. if someone relly wants em they pay and pay gold :) or raffle a few away like item bless deed and SKILLSCROLL:D was...

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster

It could be introduced with the restrictions suggested to make it a one use per account or character. If implemented properly it would be unexploitable and make a lot of money for the shard through donations.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Just go build the character you want with the name you want. It'll give you something to so besides pining here for something that's not gonna happen.

Bruh

signature field is blank

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
I too asked about this. From an RPers perspective, some people join my guild who never RP'd much. After being exposed to it, some get more into it and realize their name may be less than "RPish" and ask about name change deeds. However, I do see the admins side to it and yes, I've asked and it's not happening. A person can just make a new character. You have at least 9, some more. So while there are some valid reasons for name change deeds, it's not going to happen on UOF in the near future and so this debate is going on for no reason. Accept it, move on. Make a new character.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
I too asked about this. From an RPers perspective, some people join my guild who never RP'd much. After being exposed to it, some get more into it and realize their name may be less than "RPish" and ask about name change deeds. However, I do see the admins side to it and yes, I've asked and it's not happening. A person can just make a new character. You have at least 9, some more. So while there are some valid reasons for name change deeds, it's not going to happen on UOF in the near future and so this debate is going on for no reason. Accept it, move on. Make a new character.

Not as easy as making a new char if the char you want to rename is a GM+ tamer. Not the end of the world if it doesnt happen but a one time use per char, expensive item would be unexploitable really and @Shane could always change his mind.

@Chesty Puller @VFingerDiscount there is no point responding to your posts as yous bring nothing to the debate. I see yous comment in nearly every thread on here. How is it possible that yous have a comment to make on every subject ha. I only post here when I have something to say, you guys post because yous have to say something.

crome

Grandmaster
lol people would just make more chars if they didnt want anyone knowing who they are

whoevers holding the name Crome tho seriously delete it plz.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
lol people would just make more chars if they didnt want anyone knowing who they are

whoevers holding the name Crome tho seriously delete it plz.
It's worth the wasted char spot just holding the name. Besides we all know who you are when you flicker past us off screen in .5 secs anyway.

signature field is blank