So I was originally thinking:

100 magery
100 archery
100 tactics
100 anatomy
100 healing
100 hiding
100 stealth

but I think I may be screwed without resist, again this is going to be mainly a champ spawn char. Also if I do use this template what would be a good stat setup ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. And I could potentially eat some peace ps to increase my cap to 720, and is this is even worth the expense of the PS.

-IdiotJerkFace

Messremb

Grandmaster
If you are willing to go the 120 peace you may like this.

Hiding
Archery
Music
Provo
Tactics
Anat
Healing
Stealth

100/100/25

If you would like to go simpler

Archery
Tactics
anat
Healing
Hiding
Stealth
Resisting spells

100/100/25

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
i think stealth is pointless...

archery
tactics
anatomy
healing
hiding
music
provo

or edit hiding with resist...up to you

I'm looking to keep stealth and hiding and I already have a bard archer mage combo, so I don't want/need another bard. Just looking for ease of use. So If i don't keep magery I can't do magic reflect or recall without scrolls and without resist I'm really squishy so would a 40 magery 60 resist be worth it? or if I scrolled :

100 archery
100 tactics
100 anatomy
100 hiding
80 resist
80 stealth
80 healing
60 magery?

and on stats I guess 100/100/25 would still be appropriate?

Thanks again for the feedback.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
ARCHERY
TACTICS
ANATOMY
HIDING
STEALTH
TRACKING/DETECT
HEALING

not everyone in your group will need tracking and detect but u want it, its not a build that u plan on living forever, u should plan on dieing everytime u go out but worth the LOLOLOLz and the kills

magery on a kamakazie character isnt worth it, kill, die come grab loot on other chars....easy enough

while gating in your bunch on another client......

with 2 friends 3 archer will be able to pick off any guy... stealth mount up 2-1 ATTACK CHASE stop 1 tile shoot nobody can touch u guys.... recipe for success man

Babethoven

Grandmaster
i think all AOS weapon effects need to be put in... how is it fencing and macing are the only 2 that have a special abilitys.........

I don't need hiding or detect for champion spawns, this isn't a pvp char. Just want to pop up from stealth shoot a bunch of arrows if I get into trouble I have healing and can just dismount ethy hide and stealth away remount and regroup.

That's the intention anyhow.

SidX

Grandmaster
i think all AOS weapon effects need to be put in... how is it fencing and macing are the only 2 that have a special abilitys.........
That and I would love to see Composite Bows added.. maybe shortbows but those are too OP.. way too fast. Composite bows would be sweet.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
i think ur missing the point here....which is to get as many points as you can...and u get points by hitting the spawn

stealthing around popping a few arrows then hiding sounds like ur aiming to be a griefer or a pk stealther..not a champ character

with ur skills cut up like that ur not gonna be able to do.much, and with 80 stealth u need to be naked (no armor).

I understand that points earned is the idea, and thanks for the reply. However, I've done champs with tamers and archer bards and I feel that if I focused just on using arrows for dmg and had a high survive-ability / escape potential I would spend more time shooting arrows and maybe an occasional field or ev and getting more dmg than worrying about healing my pets or crowd control with my barcher.

Messremb

Grandmaster
i think ur missing the point here....which is to get as many points as you can...and u get points by hitting the spawn

stealthing around popping a few arrows then hiding sounds like ur aiming to be a griefer or a pk stealther..not a champ character

with ur skills cut up like that ur not gonna be able to do.much, and with 80 stealth u need to be naked (no armor).
You are missing 2 huge points.
First off stealth give a huge boost to survivability, and ability to get back to your corpse if you die. With a focus on only archery you risk very little and can out damage most other champ builds with no risk.
Second you can easily avoid getting pked when reds run a champ. Last night rekt ran a champ I just hid and walked over near the champ, got 110 peace and title scroll. That alone makes stealth archers one of if not the best champ build.

Oh and I have never been less than 5th place at a champ I joined at level 1. ;)

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
and that type of char isnt really a champ build..u can do the exact same thing (taking other peoples scrolls and looting) by making a thief

why not just get in towards the end and hide and wait for dead bodies if you want to do champs like that

with provo your getting points off the mobs attacking each other, not just from archery. to me, it just seems this build is really just to run around trying to survive and not really focusing on inflicting damage....but whatever works i guess, ive never played that build by the way (only as stealth pk, not champs)

Last edited by a moderator:

Messremb

Grandmaster
most groups that run champs do not use a tracker. Tracking isn't as useful at a champ as you think, it also tracks ghosts, and when there is huge crowds at a champ its easy to avoid being caught.

And thieves got nerfed hard when it comes to stealing PSs.

Do a few hundred champs then come talk to me.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
i was talking about red groups with trackers...nothing to do with a champ build character. and as far thieving goes, i pointed that out solely due to the fact you stated you like to hide when reds come, then loot off dead bodies and claim ur prize. thats hardly considered a champ build template. im simply assuming, if your gonna play that style, why waste an archer build doing it i could really care less what build he does, if he wants to build a stealth archer then do it. hes asking for champ build sugesstions basically.... theres more than one way to skin a cat..

didnt know u were king of champs...carry on

Decoy

Grandmaster
If you are willing to go the 120 peace you may like this.

Hiding
Archery
Music
Provo
Tactics
Anat
Healing
Stealth

100/100/25

If you would like to go simpler

Archery
Tactics
anat
Healing
Hiding
Stealth
Resisting spells

100/100/25

@Messremb Just curious but out of those 2 which one do you prefer?

Messremb

Grandmaster
i was talking about red groups with trackers...nothing to do with a champ build character. and as far thieving goes, i pointed that out solely due to the fact you stated you like to hide when reds come, then loot off dead bodies and claim ur prize. thats hardly considered a champ build template. im simply assuming, if your gonna play that style, why waste an archer build doing it i could really care less what build he does, if he wants to build a stealth archer then do it. hes asking for champ build sugesstions basically.... theres more than one way to skin a cat..

didnt know u were king of champs...carry on
He is asking for stealth archer champ builds. Also I didn't loot those PSs I got the when the champ died? I think you may not be following.

Messremb

Grandmaster
I think the one without Provo is easier both to make and use, if you wanna be lazy at champs that's the way to go, the Provo one struggles less when tamers aren't around but also takes more work, but with that comes a higher score and better chance at PS. So its up to you, I change it up depending on my mood and how many tamers are at the champ.

Thanks for the thoughts Messremb.

What template do you use? And I'm going to have 720 cap so if that makes a difference let me know.

And what are your stats?

thanks again.