New Power Scroll Idea

Kemi'Kalz

Grandmaster
Since the PS market is kinda screwy right now i came up with a idea.

A char with GM Item ID will be able to turn PS into Power Dust

Certain Power Scrolls would have a certain value, (ex. 105 carp 5 dust)

You would then use a GM inscribe to take this dust and craft new power scrolls, This would have to be a srs undertaking

Lets say a 120 taming scrolls is worth 1,000 or something dust

It would take a LONG time to turn crap PS's into enough dust to create a powerscroll thats sought after

This would help the market creating fewer PS's that no1 really wants to buy, raising the price a bit, and at the same time create a whole new market for this powerscroll dust.

I would say you would need a special item kinda like Runic Hammers that come with charges, so you get a special pen from i dunno where yet but lets say it has 5 charges on it and is pretty rare.

What do you guys think? Please add feedback and other ideas if you have any

Raynan

Master
1000 Power Dust for a 120 scroll
5 Dust for 105 carp makes the scroll worth around 20k gold
which haves like every mall on vendors but not selling

Thats the best idea concerning PS ive seen so far.

SidX

Grandmaster
I like the idea, but I think you should be required to maintain at least the skill level for the PS you are crafting.

If you want to make a 120 Animal Taming PS, you need 120.0 Animal Taming skill first as a crafting prerequisite. If you only have 105.0 Animal Taming, you can only create 105 PSs.

Tuckerace

Apprentice
I like the idea, but I think you should be required to maintain at least the skill level for the PS you are crafting.

If you want to make a 120 Animal Taming PS, you need 120.0 Animal Taming skill first as a crafting prerequisite. If you only have 105.0 Animal Taming, you can only create 105 PSs.
I agree because if you don't have ___ requirement for the skill it could easily be abused.

PC Loadletter

Journeyman
I have 4 105 carp scrolls i couldnt even give away
I loot hundreds of items that are inexpensive or worthless every day i play. That doesn't mean the gms need to figure out some way to make them more useful or expensive.

Ill grant that perhaps carpentry could be more useful, but even 105 blacksmith, which everyone acknowledges is useful, is much cheaper than it used to be, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Staff

Young Player Help
It isn't a bad idea. My only concern is this, will it have an impact on higher valued scrolls? Or is it just going to turn into people hoarding shit tier scrolls to try and turn them into valuable scrolls. I am sure there are scrolls that are just completely useless, never sell and are never used. What is the benefit of allowing these scrolls to be turned into dust?

The only way I could see this really having an impact is if the lesser scrolls of a certain type could be broken down and turned into a higher scroll of the same type. That way if you want a 120 scrolls, you have to break down so many 105s, 110s and 115s or something like that. There is really no benefit from allowing someone to take some stupid power scroll that no one will ever buy and turn it into a valuable scroll.

Last edited by a moderator: