New Server Lag Issues

Chappey

Adept
Ever since the server switch my ping to the server has gone up to insane heights but ONLY through the client. When I use -ping when in UO my averages are close to 200 with huge max's around 600 and sometimes 1200. I live in northern california and I can assure everybody that it isn't and issue on my end as far as internet speed and connection goes because it doesn't affect anything outside of UO whether that's xbox, netflix streaming, nor do I have any issues on speedtest while running UO. When I ping the ip listed as the new host through cmd, I receive what seems to be very normal averages in the mid 80s with 0 spikes. My brother lives about 20 minutes south of me and hasn't been affected by the server swap as I have. I am perplexed as to what the issue could be as I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled uoforever from scratch. I made the 600x800 ratio even though my computer is more than fit to handle running this ancient game considering I have played wow on full res. Anybody have any suggestions as what the issue could be? My brother and I compared where our internet routes take us and there is only a one tower difference but as I said I only have the ping issue in client. When straight lining right next to him in game I hit huge spikes and he pulls away with ease. Never had an issue like this. Let me know if anybody has a clue to what is causing my ping issue.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
We would need to see a trace route.

But if your brother lives 20 minutes from you and isn't having issues i'd almost say it's your isp or something on your end.

Swayze

Grandmaster
Really bad for me in western Canada. Had to sign up for lowerping because it was unplayable.

Jani

Grandmaster
Really bad for me in western Canada. Had to sign up for lowerping because it was unplayable.
Well this isn't a problem as long as ur fine with lowerping. I mean paying 7 dollars for a month for better gaming experience is definitely worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Briggs

Novice
I'm in Washington state and I don't get lag. Mainly slower load times as I'm moving through forests and stuff.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly we just have so many global players- i mean i would even go as far as to say we have more global players than most any previous private server.

from Hong Kong to Canada, Russia to New Zealand and Australia , the US, Turkey, Japan, South Korea, Italy...Brazil

This is part of why i like to do donations manually one by one because i actually get to see where players are located. We get regular donations from every one of the geographical locations listed above which means we have that many invested players that really value what we do here (in my opinion).

This server has been the best SO FAR, however today i got some lag as well.
I think it could just be a data center and i highly doubt it would last long, and the lag i received wasn't that bad.

I think most people SERIOUSLY under-estimate how much global reach Ultima Online Forever has currently. It is really good to see, but the down side is we can't make everyone happy ping wise unless we start making "shards"

ShinPi

Grandmaster
Unplayable right now. First week pinging under 30 couple days in lil over hundred. Now averaging 3+
Thats been the trend starts off beast then fades out quick ahhhhh. Im calling.my isp tomorrow to give them a chewin ;0(

matsuki

Apprentice
Unplayable right now. First week pinging under 30 couple days in lil over hundred. Now averaging 3+
Thats been the trend starts off beast then fades out quick ahhhhh. Im calling.my isp tomorrow to give them a chewin ;0(

Good call on the ISP - I have had no ping change since release of this new server. Silky smooooth.

Jani

Grandmaster
I think there was something wrong with the route, but it has been fixed. Edited my post, cos I'm happy with the server.

Jani

Grandmaster
what changes did you make to fs using differeix it? i was around 180-200ping when the new server started up,im pinging 200-300 now. its unplayable during peak hours atm
Nothing... I tried several different vpn servers, but it didn't help. The only thing you can try is using vpn and different vpn servers. On yesterday I was less laggy without vpn, so I took it off. I've also found late evening my time / early evening server time is always the worst time to play. Hope this will help.