New user (uo auto patch wont connect)

splatterhouse

Hello, Very excited to play but having some issues. I just recently downloaded the game but now i cant log on. The First thing i notice is that the UO auto patcher will not connect. I can however get to the log in screen. ( do i need to make an account?) i type in some info for login and pass word and then it says it can not connect. I might be doing some bone head move here but not sure what it is. Any advice would be great as i cant wait be jump in . THANKS!

Luznad

hi

had the same problem...
then i DL UO from the uoforever website... but winrar tells me that the file is corrupt.
tryed to DL it 5 times without any difference.

i also tryed it with the newest UO version.. this wont work eather..

thanks for help

Malkraven

Grandmaster
i think u can use any client if u want it to. To patch up officially you need to connect to ea servers (w/o steam/razor) let the shit patch up to the client you want then use razor put in UOF IP address.

there should be 100s of downloads around if the UOF clients its self isnt working

if there really is something wrong with download PM shane on here or irc but i wouldn't expect him on atm the staff tend to be on abit later in the day (US time zones).

gl

jwilkinson84

Apprentice
Luznad it might be your Antivirus that is causing it to not unpack correctly. Try disabling during the unzip and install. What OS are you running?

Luznad

i use windows7

the message i get from winzip "unexpected end of archive"

tryed it with the official client from EA patched to the newest version... also some older clients, nothing worked.
i also used different razor progs to start und dial the right server... but yes.. same thing..

jwilkinson84

Apprentice
Have to tried to download it using different browser such as Chrome or Firefox? Try turning down the UAC if it isn't already during the install. Also, trying using WinRAR http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm choose ether x86 or x64 depending on if you have 32Bit or 64 Bit OS. What antivirus software are you running on your computer?