No stat-loss zones

Gedron

Master
What does everyone think about having designated areas where reds cannot be statted, similar to buccs den. I've been having a lot of pvp action at WBB, but eventually a sea of blues descend upon the reds there and insta-stat them so the fun ends. Perhaps make that area and its surroundings (small radius) a zone where your head won't drop which would allow the reds to re-gear and go back to fighting.

I could see some issues with this obviously, such as reds making long dashes towards that area, but ultimately I don't feel it would happen very often. New players would also struggle leaving the town, but I feel this is an already existing problem due to the action there currently.

Overall, I don't believe it would alter or break anything grossly and only stand to encourage more concentrated areas of pvp for bigger fights. I also believe it would direct more reds to that area as opposed to dungeons so there would be a reduction in dungeon pk's. Another area I would say would be outside the Delucia gates when T2A is released.

Perhaps a weekend trial to see how i would work?

I'd also like to make note that these blues sitting around the bank are definitely NOT innocent victims to the big bad reds. They are looking to fight just as much as the reds are and often engage them first.

Antelope

Apprentice
Bards and tamers would avoid this area. Seeing as how 95% of the reds on this server are only interested in killing bards and tamers, that would make the no stat loss zone a dead zone. If you want legitimate PvP join factions.

Gedron

Master
I'd argue to the contrary. Many, many reds I know just love to pvp. There's already a large amount of action at the west Brit bridge, I believe this would create even more. I have 3 factioners already, but nothing beats the rush of running around Brit, getting a few blues on you and then picking them off one by one.

Bards and tamers would avoid this area. Seeing as how 95% of the reds on this server are only interested in killing bards and tamers, that would make the no stat loss zone a dead zone. If you want legitimate PvP join factions.

If i had a bard, and called in other bards, we'd own ALL the reds... just saying....

Ive had countless situations at spawns where bad blue guilds call their reds on our 2 blues (they have 10 odd), send their pets on our tamer's dragons, so we're left with nothing but 4xgm mage templates and we kill the reds (blue healers and outnumbered).

Bad reds get statlossed easily, decent reds only get statlossed from large zergs.

GM Mage, GM Eval - exp eb, isn't skill - fyi

K A Z

Grandmaster
Exactly what I've been preaching for months. Make West Bridge what Delucia Pond was on UOG - except for the safe zone.

Antelope

Apprentice
I'd argue to the contrary. Many, many reds I know just love to pvp. There's already a large amount of action at the west Brit bridge, I believe this would create even more. I have 3 factioners already, but nothing beats the rush of running around Brit, getting a few blues on you and then picking them off one by one.

Think about it this way. If all of these reds made factioners, PvP would be insane on this server. There would be non-stat PvP everywhere. The fact is though, most of you prefer to roll tamers and bards in groups. It's easy to see that because it happens all day long.

I will give Jenny some credit, though as he does usually come by himself. Still killing PvErs though.

The phrase "Don't talk about it, be about it" comes to mind. There is a system in place for all of these reds to actually "be about it" but they refuse to take advantage of it.

Gedron

Master
I see your side of the argument, Antelope. I really do, but pvp as a red is far different than pvp as an orange. Why cater to only one type of pvp when so much more exists in the game?

Gore

Adept
I see your side of the argument, Antelope. I really do, but pvp as a red is far different than pvp as an orange. Why cater to only one type of pvp when so much more exists in the game?

The system is fine the way it is. If you actually want good fights log on your factioner. You don't want reds camping Brit.... The place where every new player starts. It's just not smart for sever growth.

Gedron

Master
I made that counterargument in my original post. I agree that that may cause an issue with new players, but I don't believe it would be as prominent as people make it out to be. Reds can already camp that area if they want, but they don't because blues chase them away. All you will end up with is more pvp because as soon as someone gets pk'd, they will (or should) spam at the bank or in irc that reds are there as they did back in the day.

Ultimately, we won't know how it would work unless it's tried.

K A Z

Grandmaster
The system is fine the way it is. If you actually want good fights log on your factioner. You don't want reds camping Brit.... The place where every new player starts. It's just not smart for sever growth.

IMO we can either accept that 80% of the players nowadays prefer red vs blue PVP over factions or continue to have 1-2 3v3 fights a day. (if even..)