Not trying to be a Nancy Downer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nahz

Apprentice
I can see a few people having trouble getting back into the game...i don't mean 'trouble' in a bad way..i just mean for what is supposed to be an old school UO experience there is a ton of additional content. A returning player could find it pretty hard to gain footing with his/her retro knowledge of the game when a lot of it has been custom-tailored.

Not trying to be a Negative Debbie, I am just wondering, for myself and the sake of others (and I understand the initial gump upon log in is very helpful) if there is a thread or source of information im missing to help new and returning players focus themselves into an efficient direction more easily. That is for crafting as well. I am to understand there are some very unorthodox crafting systems implemented (which are super interesting IMO) which could be deterring or confusing for someone that didn't dabble too much in post-AOS.

When you hear about UOF..it is THE old school server with a solid dedicated team and honorable track record. That's not uoforever anymore, it's UOF. Are we pigeonholing people into another NEONMOONGATE shard? I hope not. I know Shane said that soon things will be easier for new players. I'm just wondering what the founding community thinks of all the after market bells and whistles this server has; is it Nah-stolgic or does it do the server justice.

FYI, I haven't explored the new content so, again, my post here isn't to bash it..I legitimately want to know your philosophy in regards to it.

Nahz

Apprentice
Ha, I agree. It is, without a doubt, the best.

Is that due to slim pickinz' though?

God.RG

Grandmaster
It's a niche market man.. A 15 year old game. People want the best of every era, and this is it.. But at the same time, still pre aos. None of the dumb garbage.

Nahz

Apprentice
I believe the term is "Negative Nancy". Noob.

Oh ok here we go.

:D

If you were conscious enough to conceive the way someone carries themselves and to evaluate whether or not their twists and turns of vernacular were intentional, you wouldn't have made yourself look so stupid right there.

Thanks for the input and foresight.

Nahz

Apprentice
This was meant for a group of returning and new players, not just myself.

Nice community.

Fattson

Grandmaster
This was meant for a group of returning players, not just myself.

Nice community.
It's a community of people who take pride in being able to do things for themselves. We do research on templates and learn from trial and error. We don't get on the forums to ***** and complain. Why should I include my real input when you're only going to reply with more negativity? I've been here for almost two years now and I've helped out a ton of people. I go out of my way to recruit new guys and help them out.

Maybe you should have gone to someone like me before spewing this verbose filth all over the forums? Maybe should have tried to do something for yourself before making yourself look like a whiney crybaby here?

Too late. Be back to troll later.

Nahz

Apprentice
i think a shitty community just sort of lends to the authenticity and era accuracy of the shard

Its not a shitty community lol. Its guys like these that i actually want to respond authentically to this thread. The guys who get fiercely protective of it. Quite a few people here have helped me out in the past.

Fattson

Grandmaster
Its not a shitty community lol. Its guys like these that i actually want to respond authentically to this thread. The guys who get fiercely protective of it. Quite a few people here have helped me out in the past.
Then why you bitchin?

Nahz

Apprentice
It's a community of people who take pride in being able to do things for themselves. We do research on templates and learn from trial and error. We don't get on the forums to ***** and complain. Why should I include my real input when you're only going to reply with more negativity? I've been here for almost two years now and I've helped out a ton of people. I go out of my way to recruit new guys and help them out.

Maybe you should have gone to someone like me before spewing this verbose filth all over the forums? Maybe should have tried to do something for yourself before making yourself look like a whiney crybaby here?

Too late. Be back to troll later.

Sorry you didnt read the post bud. It was pretty passive with plenty of disclaimers to bashing the shard. I love the shard and solely wanted to know what you guys thought about the state of additional content.

Reading the OP again and it's in no way hateful or negative. and it couldnt be because my intentions were pure and true. I'm sorry if i came off differently to you but i want to know how you feel about it, outside of the obviously offended.

Nahz

Apprentice
Then why you bitchin?

Just being PA about the 2 aggressive posts I got in regards to it. Trying to provoke you boys to say more and be enlightening about the server instead of choking it out.

I agree about the people who have done the research and what not. I find it hard to believe, even though it may happen, that any brand new UO players show up here. I'm pretty sure most of us have played UO upwards of 10+ years...so being elitist at this point is a bit of a grind.

The forums are here for that..for you guys who love the game and cant stop fucking playing it, to discuss and talk, especially while the server is down, about the state of the game amongst other things. I don't really see where my touchy topic is out of bounds. I find it has grounds for legitimate debate or reinforcement. In fact, im looking for you guys to reinforce it and point myself and others into the right direction. This show of aggression is what will have people worried there are no answers.

Fattson

Grandmaster
Do you see anyone who has been here for more than year complaining about anything? It's rare. It's always newer people who haven't seen the staff bend over backwards to keep us happy for TWO YEARS. I'm not trying to play hero, but it's annoying to see any complaint at all from people who have spent just a few weeks running around on this server. It's a weekly, if not more often, occurrence that I've watched silently for long enough.

Brand new players do show up here. I welcome them into my guild and train them personally when they ask for it. And for the most part, my guys are pretty happy. At least happy enough to not ***** and whine in alli chat or on the forums, so I assume they're content.

As far as the state of the server, I'm provided free access to the greatest video game that has ever existed. I don't run shit around here. Shane and staff do that for me. I simply adjust as necessary and move. And no matter what they do, I always find a way to keep gold coming in, dudes rolling into my guild, and lots of fun and good times to be had.

Lastly, I did read your post. Every paragraph came across as "Not trying to be a dick", "Don't wanna start shit", "Not trying to be negative", and then you would immediately follow that comment with the opposite. You can try to back track all you want, but I read your post as well as between the lines and I'm straight up telling you that I'm not buying it. Sorry. Nor am I taking you seriously, which is why the only comment that I had planned on making was clearly a joke.

Nahz

Apprentice
Ok thats fine.

I wasn't bitching. I wanted to know how people who didn't play AOS could learn all the custom content in the game. I'm not hating on the server man. How many times do i have to say i love this server? Its a touchy topic, i understand that. Sorry I didn't take 2 additional hours to spell it out nicer for you but you're a grown man im sure you could understand.

You can quote me all day, and get surgical on my every word..that's what the media does and you can tear anyone to shreds doing that no matter what they say. IM SIMPLY ASKING HOW YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT THE NOT-SO-OLD-SCHOOL-UO-CONTENT in the server. How hard is that to understand? Maybe i should have posted "How do you guys feel about the custom content on this server?" And for that i apologize..im not the most intelligent person on the planet but i figured id get something constructive here. Also, everyone would have probably ignored me like they had done to previous posts i'd read on the same topic.

Constantly disclaiming being a "dick" is because we are on a forum. People will do what you just did to me, without a doubt; quote the shit out of you..*and with stuff i didnt even say!* So I am honestly sorry, I didn't want to type out that it may be tough for pre-aos players to understand whats going on, without disclaiming that I WANTED TO BURN THIS FUCKING SHARD TO THE GROUND!

The posts i've read from devs emphasize making the new player experience easier..so i figured the community would be on board. I understand you have a guild and like to help new players, but man, don't be so objective to adversity. I'm not even being adverse ffs.

Forget about it guys. I apologize. I really do. Thanks to the first guy who made an actual post.

Nahz

Apprentice
The point is that its not about you guys who have played for 2 years. Its about the people who have played for 2 days and the devs have been very clear about the direction they are planning to take the shard especially with the new launcher.

And i guess you can choose not to take me seriously but im in the midst of doing 2 other things that arent video game related so why would i waste my time posting about it in the first place if i wasn't serious.

And i certainly wouldnt "backtrack" just to quantify your disposition towards me. If i felt that they were bad design choices i wouldnt log in/come back to the shard much less post here about it. Furthermore, id just be outright negative about them instead of asking for direction and input.

Thanks for your time anyhow though. I wonder why a new player helper such as yourself can't bring himself to drop the sword and help a few more people out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kareem

Grandmaster
Oh ok here we go.

:D

If you were conscious enough to conceive the way someone carries themselves and to evaluate whether or not their twists and turns of vernacular were intentional, you wouldn't have made yourself look so stupid right there.

Thanks for the input and foresight.
We got our selves another accountant ;)

Nahz

Apprentice
lol just gotta be on guard for guys like Fattson. Im sure hes a swell guy but he's chose to fight me on my OP being over-the-top offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.