Nox & Gold Relics

lollo

Grandmaster
So pretty much everyone i talked to agreed that at the moment these two relics are really bad.

As for the gold relic, I don't think I should even tell you why, at level 10 you'll get 80-100 gp more from high level mobs, which is totally useless.

Nox does AOE poison (the higher the relic level the stronger the poison) which would be nice if it wasn't for the fact that EVERY magic casting mob (which is 95% of the high loot monsters) cures it before it even ticks ONCE, making it do zero (and I mean zero) damage.
It's saving grace were champ spawns where during the first spawn it could poison 10+ mobs at once giving you a good score.
Even then, at some champs it was garbage (neira, riktor, theratan, because most mobs are immune to poison) and it some it was sub par (because in abyss imps cure almost immediately).
Now to pour some salt on the wound it can only poison 4 enemies at once, making the relic totally useless. And it's not like gold relic that people paid 300k for, players actually spent 3-4 millions on nox relic. Did i mention it's the HARDEST relic to level up?

This thread is to make some suggestions to @Shane @Adam @eppy so that hopefully they can "fix" these two relics (aka make useful)

GOLD: It has already been suggested but this should give a VERY small chance at some sort of rares. Remove the added gold bonus completely (it sucks and more gold in the economy is never a good thing) and give trammies what they want: decos, colored cloth, sandals, titles and all that shiny banksitting stuff. This would make the relic price skyrocket which is good.

NOX: Meta dexer's infectous wound relic make the poison not curable by mobs. This would be OP on a meta pet, but maybe we could make it like this: at level 9 you would get a guaranteed poison tick before they can cure it, and at level 10 you'd get 2 ticks. This could be made ONLY when a single target is poisoned.
When more targets are poisoned (at champ spawns) keep the cure rate like it is now, but remove or at least increase the 4 monster limit. Bring it up to 6 or 8 mobs.
I don't think this would make the relic OP at all, you'd get 50-60 damage on single mobs (which is less than molten and bloody) and it'd still be LESS powerful than molten at champ spawns.

Everyone is welcome to post their comments or suggestions and tag people I forgot.

Sorry for the bad spelling/grammar, English is not my mother language.

Thanks,

@Malkraven @Bromista @tankian @Wrexx @Pandone @asics @dennozz @Bobby123 @Guwap @bradley- @Fattson @steve-o

Last edited by a moderator:

steve-o

Grandmaster
Gold is the hardest to level (atleast at level 1)

gold is useless... add some rare drop

nox is ridiculous... 4 mobs? comon!

lollo

Grandmaster
Gold is rly hard at level 1 (but i think they fixed it btw), but hardest (longest) overall is indeed nox. Especially If you play a provo tamer it's gonna take forever. That's fine, but at least make it useful.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
i cant comment @lollo sorry i havnt really pvmed in over a year i do have a pretty rare hue meta dragon lvl5 but i should sell it i never use it kinda wasted :(

asics

Grandmaster
Gold relic can change. Completely. Instead add more loot.. He can give u faster hp recover or more armor at ur dragon.. Or another idea

When it proc ur dragon get so fast hp recover OR when it proc ur dragon will double his armor and resist spell for a while.

Thise make the relic competitive with others 4

About nox..just make more area..in t just 4 mob @eppy

SirLothar

Grandmaster
lollo good post but you are too kind on the nox relic. If infectious relic can't be cured, nox should not be cured (at least lvls 8-10).

Guwap

Grandmaster
Great ideas all around. Staff take notice!

I really like the idea of gold relic functioning as a luck suit. Maybe it could be tweaked to affect drop chance even if the meta didn't get the last hit. As of now, the pitiful extra gold doesn't even drop if another pet gets the killing blow.

And I don't have experience with Nox relic but I trust lollo's judgment. Everything he recommended sounds fair and not overpowered.

lollo

Grandmaster
lollo good post but you are too kind on the nox relic. If infectious relic can't be cured, nox should not be cured (at least lvls 8-10).

Infectious uses a poison pot every time, nox relic doesn't. It'd definitely be overpowered if the poison was not curable. With only 1 or 2 guaranteed ticks of lethal poison it'd be a solid 30-60 damage which would put it under both molten (80dmg) and bloody (100 dmg)

Messremb

Grandmaster
Gold is never going to be the best relic, and it shouldn't have to be, its good for what it does. I am actually considering it for my 4th relic

Nox is not even close to the hardest relic to level. Qs gets that lucky title, but if you only ever fight Provoed mobs it will take forever.

As for making it more useful I always thought it should act like QS where it procs, and gives poison on hit for like 10-20 seconds at level 10. That way it would solve the ungainable poison issue too.

lollo

Grandmaster
@Messremb i applied QS and nox at the beginning of level 5, QS is lvl 8, nox is less than 1/4 into level 7

I don't have provo on my tamer and meta gets hit ALL the time

1.9 mil exp since putting relics on pet

Nox is definitely harder now

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Gold is never going to be the best relic, and it shouldn't have to be, its good for what it does. I am actually considering it for my 4th relic

How is 100 gp extra gold per mob worth it? Why not make this relic useful(not OP) instead of worthless as it is now?

Messremb

Grandmaster
@Messremb i applied QS and nox at the beginning of level 5, QS is lvl 8, nox is less than 1/4 into level 7

I don't have provo on my tamer and meta gets hit ALL the time

1.9 mil exp since putting relics on pet

Nox is definitely harder now
maybe they increased the difficulty, I added mine on my first meta at level 4 and was level 7 when my pet went level 5, seemed like it was going fine, nothing like the old QS (added at level 4, half way though level 6, it had just hit level 6 QS).

Messremb

Grandmaster
How is 100 gp extra gold per mob worth it? Why not make this relic useful(not OP) instead of worthless as it is now?
100 is low end from what I hear, average drop is about 20% more gold, go farm 15 hours and the relic pays for itself, (unlike other relics)

why is pvper commenting in a pvm thread, if you wanna see who is a better pvmer I won't shake in my boots and piss myself like you did when I challenged you.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
100 is low end from what I hear, average drop is about 20% more gold, go farm 15 hours and the relic pays for itself, (unlike other relics)

why is pvper commenting in a pvm thread, if you wanna see who is a better pvmer I won't shake in my boots and piss myself like you did when I challenged you.

I trust @lollo with his knowledge and the fact that the gold relic sells for 1/5th of the othe relics suggests its worthless.

Guwap

Grandmaster

100 is high end even at lvl 10, and there's still a good chance a 1k+ gold drop mob kill will result in a ~14gp bonus.

Source: I got lvl 10 gold relic.

exince

Grandmaster
Just give nox additional passive poison resist.. Chance to resist based on level.. And it would be on par to the others