Old school UO vet

DustyBill

Hello.

I remember the first day I saw the UO box in the store. I was so excited because I had not seen an Ultima game in years. But wait. "You have to have an internet connection to play? I don't think so." At the time I only had dial-up and I had to wrestle with my wife for access because the only phone in the house was a land-line phone, i.e. pre cell phone days. There was no way I could spend hours on the modem playing Ultima.

Then one day I was talking to a friend of mine and he started talking about this awesome game he was playing. It was Ultima Online. What! I broke several local ordinances speeding to the store to purchase a copy.

I was in the Guild of Honor on the Chesapeake Shard. I remember those days with such fond memories.

When the WOW craze pulled all my friends away from UO I was devastated. I tried to hang on to UO as long as I could. I joined some other guilds and played on Siege just trying to recapture the glory days. But, alas, it was not to be and, with all my friends gone, I eventually left the game.

Now I am back and very excited to return to the lands of my joy and wonder. I am making a Mage/Tamer and looking forward to having fun.