Opinions On A New Guild?

Attila Azart

Neophyte
I've been thinking about possibly trying to start a Viking type RP guild, maybe.

Thoughts, Opinions?
Would many people be interested in it? Not really trying to waste time on it if no one is interested in such.

Yes, this was influenced by the show Vikings, lol.

Attila Azart

Neophyte
I'd love to do it.
I plan on attempting it. Hopefully I'll run into a more experienced play who'd like to help start it.

It'd be pretty sweet to have some Vikings running around the server!

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Lots of planning involved with starting a guild. But in the long run it is a lot of fun! you should do it!

This 100%. Also, it would be wise to make sure there is an actual desire to have something like this or you will end up with a very small (and niche) guild.

I thought an RP thieves guild would be a blast to have and figured there would be many interested in something like this, simply because I saw there were none out there (that didn't involve just straight griefers and folks wanting to scam all the time).

I was wrong.

However, you must also take into account that most people are already in established guilds and are comfortable where they are. Don't mistake this insight as trying to be negative, but that I am in 100% agreement with Nanashi's post. Plan, get some feedback on whether you will get folks to actually join, get some players who are willing to help you execute the plan, and pour your time into it.

Attila Azart

Neophyte
Yeah Fingers Finn I assumed lots of people were already in established guilds.. Though this guild would be just for fun, not expecting everyone to put their main char into it or anything, just to possibly create a new one if they'd like to be in it, give them a Vikings like name and just have some fun.
Seems like I good idea, I have a few friends I'm going to talk to about helping get it going.

Fattson

Grandmaster
There was a viking guild for a couple of months. About a year and a half ago. Really nice group. They had a small village of custom log cabins east of brit, where fdl vendor house is.