Orcish Pickaxe

amonseti

Grandmaster
Do the Orcish picks have anything special about them, IE Gargoyle mine +1 level of ore (Dullcopper node will produce Shadow instead) with a chance of spawning appropriate Ore Elemental .. Sturdy Pickaxe has twice as many charges ...

Sketeg

Master
they do break sadly, not sure what the actual number is (i think like 10,000) but they do eventually wear out, still an awesome and useful item

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
I found one very early on, before I even started my miner/crafter, and I used it with him to go all the way to 105 mining. With the same orcish pickaxe. So if it does break, it definitely takes a long time.

Mine dropped from an orcish mine overseer, btw

Last edited by a moderator:

Hephastus

Journeyman
I found a few in the orc cave (usually on orcish mine overseer). I don't think they break, and even if so, just store a couple of them and you're good for the rest of your UOF life.

They're also too heavy to get stolen, which means that they're both unbreakable and unstealable (but not unlootable). If you're mining in guarded areas only (towns or moongates), they're pretty much like blessed items.

Make sure that you do not equip it, just double click it in your bag, as fellow miners might spawn a valorite elemental next to you which will instantly destroy your pickaxe.

Last edited by a moderator: