Paragons (spirit of christmas) drops

Henrik

Master
N4NOg8Z.png

:p

ShinPi

Grandmaster
1/10 chance for a chest with a 5% chance for that chest to have a hued statue (1/500 mobs)
1/100 for a snow pile with a low chance of a blessed pile of snow
1/20 chance for skin dye
1/1000 chance for a nice piece of rare clothing

This will run for 3 weeks.

The drop rates might seem low but they really are not. There are probably 1000-2000 of the mobs killed every day. We had ~20 Halloween statues drop with a 1/1000 chance in those 3 weeks. So, we should have about 20 pieces of the rare clothing drop, which seems reasonable to me. I upped the drop rate on the statues as I'd like to see more people with them this time around. I'll monitor the drops over the next few days and make adjustments based on that data.
Dev team yall are the shit hands down if I could hug I would keep it coming

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
The 1/1000 chance doesn't mean you'll get one for sure if you kill 1,000 mobs. It just means that each individual time you kill one, there's a 1/1000 chance of a drop. The next time you kill a mob, the chance is again 1/1000, not 1/999.
And of course this is one aspect of math that human beings naturally suck at. Understanding that the chance does not change over time is almost counterintuitive, but folks still do it. "I killed like 500 X though!"... yup and you could kill 10000 more and still get squat. [emoji12]

Henrik

Master
And of course this is one aspect of math that human beings naturally suck at. Understanding that the chance does not change over time is almost counterintuitive, but folks still do it. "I killed like 500 X though!"... yup and you could kill 10000 more and still get squat. [emoji12]

Yeah, and it's the same thing with spells, like EV. People whines about fizzeling 15 times in a row on EV at GM magery but that could of course happen. Or happen 1000 times, 100000 times up to eternity. However, the probability isn't that high it's happens but it's still possible.