Peacemaking.. why does it suck so much?

I'm wondering why peacemaking is so lackluster on this shard? It sucks that to be an effective PvMer (besides tamer) you HAVE to have provoke.

I have a Tamer with GM Peace/Music and got to 76 taming so went to go tame a young dragon.. Thought alright considering with my GM Provoker and a vendor instrument i can provoke Balrons and other high end monsters with rarely failing surely i could Peace a young dragon... Nope. Failed 4 times in a row.. Failing 4 every 5 times. And then when Peace does go off.. they stay still for 2seconds then break peace.

TL:DR - Peacemaking sucks. At least bring it to par with Provoke.

Bromista

Grandmaster
TBH, I actually like that it doesn't work for crap. I used to run a peace tamer on OSI years ago when it actually worked. But since it's busted as fuck here my farming productivity has gone up 10 times what it was. Provo gets it done.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Yeah i wish they would change it to old school peacing or at least strengthen it. No reason why with gm provo you can suceed everything on pretty much anything but with gm peacing your lucky to peace a dragon 1/5 times lol. I was pretty sad cause i loved peacing

skeletore1

Neophyte
I'm wondering why peacemaking is so lackluster on this shard? It sucks that to be an effective PvMer (besides tamer) you HAVE to have provoke.

I have a Tamer with GM Peace/Music and got to 76 taming so went to go tame a young dragon.. Thought alright considering with my GM Provoker and a vendor instrument i can provoke Balrons and other high end monsters with rarely failing surely i could Peace a young dragon... Nope. Failed 4 times in a row.. Failing 4 every 5 times. And then when Peace does go off.. they stay still for 2seconds then break peace.

TL:DR - Peacemaking sucks. At least bring it to par with Provoke.

What they need is to change it back to how it was back in the day...

1. When you peace make it should stop all players, npc's and monsters on the screen all at the same time. Basically you run in peacemake and every monster on screen breaks aggro and targets nearest player if in a dungeon.

2 Provoke should work on anything as long as they are on the screen and you can see them and when you die or leave the area the monsters should continue fighting until one of them dies. This way I can just run through provoking everything.

I made a bard and after realizing provoke and peace making are virtually useless on this server I quit playing him. Really no point in it and it's not fun anymore.

skeletore1

Neophyte
Over the years all that's happened is UO turned into care bear land. Even this server is too care bear for me, but it's the most populated one and I have no option but deal with it as best I can or not play UO. :(

Animal taming should have no limit to how many things you can tame... I want an army of 100 animals that I can lead through town or port my army of 100 cows to demon rooms.. It was funny shit back in the day. Monster porting was also a blast back in the day too (you open gate and stand on other side and any monster on you tries to get to you but walk thru your gate instead) Why can't I port monsters from one dungeon to another or port all the dragons from dungeon to brit cemetery? This would be hilarious seeing people running in terror north of brit as they see 10 dragons come out of a gate all red and attacking them.

The whole point of this game was for mass hysteria and chaos. You never knew what was going to happen, but a guarantee it would be some crazy fool causing chaos at every turn. I want that intense crazy uo had at launch that made it so funny, intense, hardcore, and just ridiculous

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Effectiveness aside (though I wish it was better) I had a question. If you're in combat, you can't hide unless you're about 10 spaces away (maybe 8). If you peace a creature, can you hide afterwards even if you're closer than that?

skeletore1

Neophyte
nope... Use to long ago you could attack anything and hide instantly at GM. Even attack a player and Hide or recall out. Those were the days where it was insane... A player would deadly poison his blade, Stealth to you in dungeon, 1 hit deadly poisen you, hide instantly, and then stealth away. In those days deadly poison could not be cured by 1 greater cure potion. It could take 4 or 5. and the cure spell would take a few tries too, but chances are poison would interrupt casting and you died so another player needed to cure you with it.

skeletore1

Neophyte
When this game came out at launch the entire game basically made it a Pk's paradise where everything was based around screwing with others and causing chaos at every turn. no stat loss ever, just perm red chars.

Young Star

Grandmaster
I understand having peace slightly less effective then provoke since it does not require two targets. However i think it needs a slight bump in success chance. At 115 peace i rarely can peace anything stronger then a daemon level monster. Dragons are around 30-40%. The long fail cooldown is killer as well.