Pet Resist Magery Gains ,What can be done?

TraJik

Grandmaster
The 2mill Xp only works at level 7. My level 6 has 6.2 million xp.

To answer your question though, train, join factions, or use skill scrolls. Without skill scrolls you can go up to 105.8 Magery and 105.8 resist. Poisoning however is a different beast. This is specifically raised via skill scrolls so faction ress would be the only way to avoid paying for skill scrolls on that skill.

Experience

Grandmaster
I use SS as much as I can to keep my pets up and my white wyrm is currently at around 75 spell resist :( it drops WAY faster than it gains considering my pets maybe die once per week

lollo

Grandmaster
Resist can be trained super easy by spamming your pet with mana vamp.
75-gm will take 2-3 Hours or so with 3 mages casting.

Magery is a ***** though

lollo

Grandmaster
dont let your pet die ?

Girana your pets (and all of $ pets) die, and they die a lot, probably more than anyone else's. Just because you guys got millions up your ass to buy the SS it doesn't mean the system is fair as it is.

Now don't get me wrong, my meta has died maybe 4 times since becoming level 7 (and this was 4+m exp ago...) and my nightmare went from fresh tame to gm magery without a single SS because it never dies, so it's not really my problem.

I couldn't care less, but if i put myself in the shoes of those pvm tamer with 0 resist and 0 wrestle that get PKed 2-3 times a day, I can see that it'd be a problem (especially for nightmares/non level 7 metas)

Some One

Master
IMH
I couldn't care less, but if i put myself in the shoes of those pvm tamer with 0 resist and 0 wrestle that get PKed 2-3 times a day, I can see that it'd be a problem (especially for nightmares/non level 7 metas)
Thank you .
I think i speak for more than a few pvm tamers.
This is our problem.
It needs Fixed.

Caso

Grandmaster
This shard has care bear rules for pets... uoforever was impossible to gain back skills. Wish it was like there system.

Experience

Grandmaster
If I remember correctly..Pets here gains skills at the same rate as players so I'm not sure I'd call that a Carebear system compared to the default.

thestand

Grandmaster
This shard has care bear rules for pets... uoforever was impossible to gain back skills. Wish it was like there system.
You're mistaken. On uoforever you would block two pets in your house and put a door in between them. Have one set to kill the other you would tell all stop. Have a char to open door for a set amount of seconds let attacking pet dump mana on the all stop pet. Door shuts for 60 seconds to let attacking pet med. Repeat. You would have a vet char to heal the pet that was being dumped on. The attacking pet would gain
Magery and the other pet would gain resist. On uoforever if you had a well written script you could 7x you're pets in the safety of your uo house while you were sleeping irl.

PaperTiger

Journeyman
You're mistaken. On uoforever you would block two pets in your house and put a door in between them. Have one set to kill the other you would tell all stop. Have a char to open door for a set amount of seconds let attacking pet dump mana on the all stop pet. Door shuts for 60 seconds to let attacking pet med. Repeat. You would have a vet char to heal the pet that was being dumped on. The attacking pet would gain
Magery and the other pet would gain resist. On uoforever if you had a well written script you could 7x you're pets in the safety of your uo house while you were sleeping irl.
on uoforever I made most of my gold taming high stat mares and 7x'n them in maybe 24 hours in house AFK>

Derwolf

Grandmaster
well ideas?

put Pet 1 and Pet 2 a house pet training set up. Say all kill, tab out, run bandage macro on pets feed as needed.

Bring in two more players- both must have gm magery,eval, and med. Cast manavampire on whatever pet you want to gain resit.

You will gm resit in no time along with every skill except for Magery, that's a *****

Derwolf

Grandmaster

lol..everyone on hyrbid trained their pets in houses and had their pets 7x in no time

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
I made all my money on uoforever by training pets (dragons/mares) to 7x. It couldn't be done in 24 hours there and was not easy.

I worked at home at that time and for 8 hours every single day, my tamer's would be training pets continuously. I would also track all my gains on every pet daily (or whenever I started and stopped training them in a period). On average it would take about 60-90 hours of training to be 7x.

The only way to even 7x a pet on there was to bond them and then kill them down to 0 skill in all 7 skills. Then train magery/resist/eval/med to 4xGM and then do the melee skills Tact/Wrestling/anat. I did it in a 18x18 so no one could really mess with me or my training, but it was not a simple process and the amount of stock was astounding. I regularly went through 5k bandages in a 8 hour session plus about 1k of meat (cause there they went wild if you didn't feed them).

Also, if on uoforever your 7x pet died once, you would never 7x him back out without resetting the skills and then retraining from scratch.

The training here is much easier than uoforever - much easier.

First, skills do not slow down as you hit the skill cap like they do there, so you do not need to reset your pet to 0 skills. Second, you can train all the skills at once and not mage skills first and then melee. Third, there is a big bonus for being in a dungeon, so it makes sense to just farm up to 7x. If resist is taking too long, just train the pet a couple hours at your house to finish up the skill.

Also, if any of you are interested in how to setup your house to train pets, I can help you out - but I think on UOF going that method probably should not be your go-to because pet skill gain here is designed to make you want to farm to gain skill.

Here is a SS of my training tracker for an old pet I trained on uoforever to give an idea of what it took:
75517ed5b63d3c08fce76a3fc0972685.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: