Pet skill loss is impossible to work with.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
land_battleship_vredximus_mk_ii_by_mikepaulwhite-d71dk34.jpg

Cinder

Master
Well, Please don't change anything with pet skill loss sucking the way it does for us pvm tamers. I would hate to take the thrill from a ' pvp want to be,' of killing a tamer and their pets, from these little boys, who need something to make them feel "accomplished" or more "manly".

So I wont fuss any more about how unfair the pet skill loss is, and how unbalanced it is .. and I will be their prey.

Hope I made your day Power, when your red gated in, killed me and left my pets to your pleasure of killing on your blue toon.
Must fell so nice to kill my well trained pet with your blue with no consequences! Grats to you, you "killer" you!!

Gosh it must be fun shooting gold fish in a bowl!! :)

Did it make you feel "BIG" ???

God forbid they farm for something more challenging..
I know.. they would not stand a chance...lol

Happy hunts all.

Xigam

Journeyman
It's not worth much, but I'm going to throw my voice in here.. Seems like if you filter all the BS there are some logical posts in here that break down the issues and possible solutions. The changes made to pets to balance PvP pet issues seem to be nullified by the faction option to not have pet loss available to those who like PvP, which seems like a backward fix to the original issues. I didn't even realize that was an option until this thread.

As someone who mostly likes to PvM, It think the main issue is pet skill gaining being too slow at the higher end to match pet deaths for non hardcore players with pets. Especially those of us with a little OCD.

I like the ideas with timers for skill lost on pets, or possibly some sort of gold-sink fix like the PvP tamers get..

I stopped playing my tamer for a long time because this.. I don't mind dying or being PK'd, but it seems like without a SS my pets are never going to get their skills back up. With a gold-sink option at least the risk there is more quantifiable rather than looking around for pain in the ass to find over priced SS's and it's taking gold out of the economy which is always a good thing.

Provo still seems to be the least-risk most reward build out there.

Volco

Master
I think one of the big issues that hasn't gotten alot of attention in this thread is that if you remove pet skill loss, or put it on a timer. You would inturn greatly reduce the interest of skill scrolls on this server.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying things are perfect the way they are. But in the end, not everything can be perfect.
Be happy you have the greatest farming template, large reward comes with a cost.

Xigam

Journeyman
I think one of the big issues that hasn't gotten alot of attention in this thread is that if you remove pet skill loss, or put it on a timer. You would inturn greatly reduce the interest of skill scrolls on this server.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying things are perfect the way they are. But in the end, not everything can be perfect.
Be happy you have the greatest farming template, large reward comes with a cost.

Yeah, I'm sure it could be balanced out some how. The thing with skill scrolls is they don't remove gold from the economy.

Personally, I think provo to be a much better farming template when you factor in risk/reward/training time/costs/etc... I think I'm more effective at farming with provo than with pets, but I like a little variety. And I'm probably not doing it right, except for the fact that I am having fun at this game since the server came up.

lollo

Grandmaster
I have 2 nightmares that started from freshly tamed and i got them both to gm magery without using a single skill scroll. All by normal farming, in dangerous places i'd add. My meta rarely dies more than 5-8 times before it resets at 2m exp (That's a lot of Hours of farming) and i Also do champs/rdas with it

Tl;dr: don't suck and your pet's skills will be fine

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Yeah, I'm sure it could be balanced out some how.
+1 This is really the most important point.

It's not that I have anything against harsh penalties for pet death. Dying should suck IMO. But having to spend hours searching for SS seems like a clumsy punishment for death.

The thing with skill scrolls is they don't remove gold from the economy.
+1.

lollo

Grandmaster
+1 This is really the most important point.

It's not that I have anything against harsh penalties for pet death. Dying should suck IMO. But having to spend hours searching for SS seems like a clumsy punishment for death.

+1.

Another proof that The situation is fine is The fact i have 80x magery and 80x resist ss stashed away yet all my pets have gm magery and my meta dragon never gets below 130

Xigam

Journeyman
Another proof that The situation is fine is The fact i have 80x magery and 80x resist ss stashed away yet all my pets have gm magery and my meta dragon never gets below 130

You are in Italy? I wonder what the active player population differences are for you usual play time? Also, If you have 80x skill scrolls stashed away then that seems like you might be playing much more than I am.

Balance has to take into account multiple factors and player types, saying the situations is fine for you != situation is fine.

MZ3K

Grandmaster

The fact that you keep your pets from losing skills does not prove that the situation is fine. It just proves that the situation is fine for you.

That doesn't seem to be the case for almost everyone else.

lollo

Grandmaster
You are in Italy? I wonder what the active player population differences are for you usual play time? Also, If you have 80x skill scrolls stashed away then that seems like you might be playing much more than I am.

Balance has to take into account multiple factors and player types, saying the situations is fine for you != situation is fine.

Well there are pks during my play time too. I guess having wrestle/resist/eval on my tamer helps a lot. I kill more pks than The Times i die to them.
And when i die i just use ring of forgivenes asap (macro it) AND my pets usually follow me to The healers 80% of The time. And i almost never die more than once in a 24h period.
As For my play time, it's around 10-12 Hours a week, often less than that,not much by any standards. Still i was able to stash those skill scrolls. About 20% i bought tho...But i never use them lol

lollo

Grandmaster
Anyways, 1% skill loss doesn't look harsh to me, especially since you can macro resist super easily and magery will raise at a decent peace until The high 90s

Yoko Kurama

Master
When they added the increased pet stat loss, everyone knew it would fail...literally post after post after post explaining what would happen, and everyone agreed.. except Karl...who is gone, and instead of admitting they messed up and fixing it, they just have ignored it for 2 years since. What should be done? Just set it back to .1 stat loss or whatever it was prior to the changes. The problems they were trying to address is not even really an issue, and they did away with multi client pvp...so lets just go back and fix this. I agree, taming is way too much work...and although I have never had an issue, I had one friend for example and she would just keep buying pets because it was too hard to keep them alive. However, it isn't impossible as I have multiple pets with max skill, I never used a scroll...not once.
If you want to really make it simple, just set up a pet training room in your house and you can max the skills anytime with a short macro.
Really though, it is way too much effort involved...if they want to balance this, they should put a huge penalty on all the talismans, on on PC death as well. This was a stupid idea, the devs messed up and I am really let down they have not fixed it yet. Stop with all the donation updates and fix the basic problems first...please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoko Kurama

Master
If Glut wasn't Glut...
-Reduce Pet Skill Loss- Put it back to where it was
-Reduce Pet Damage vs. Players- don't change this, and fix the resil tali asap so it doesn't work again player dragons

Also, remove Sallos and make people PvP without a program playing for them please because EQMS is not about zerging people with eb swarms, it is about individual skill.
Personally I never run into these guys, but just hearing Hypocrites go on and on and on is so grating. Read a post on forum with him saying "power is dead since flubb, old azz, etc left" then the rest of the day I hear him bragging how they beat power 20 on 3 etc etc. Who even cares, they got sick of owning the server for 2 years and you got what is leftover? Haha, Lawlsquad owns you so bad that you spend a good majority of your life on the forums begging for "Reduce Pet Damage vs. Players" If eqms was even half as good as you make believe they are, you would just evolve and quit crying to change the rules year after year. I am not impressed.

drasked

Grandmaster
If Glut wasn't Glut...

Personally I never run into these guys, but just hearing Hypocrites go on and on and on is so grating. Read a post on forum with him saying "power is dead since flubb, old azz, etc left" then the rest of the day I hear him bragging how they beat power 20 on 3 etc etc. Who even cares, they got sick of owning the server for 2 years and you got what is leftover? Haha, Lawlsquad owns you so bad that you spend a good majority of your life on the forums begging for "Reduce Pet Damage vs. Players" If eqms was even half as good as you make believe they are, you would just evolve and quit crying to change the rules year after year. I am not impressed.

It's funny how people think sallos is some kind of hack client. It is actually the most manual client of the 3.

tankian

Grandmaster
When they added the increased pet stat loss, everyone knew it would fail...literally post after post after post explaining what would happen, and everyone agreed.. except Karl...who is gone, and instead of admitting they messed up and fixing it, they just have ignored it for 2 years since. What should be done? Just set it back to .1 stat loss or whatever it was prior to the changes. The problems they were trying to address is not even really an issue, and they did away with multi client pvp...so lets just go back and fix this. I agree, taming is way too much work...and although I have never had an issue, I had one friend for example and she would just keep buying pets because it was too hard to keep them alive. However, it isn't impossible as I have multiple pets with max skill, I never used a scroll...not once.
If you want to really make it simple, just set up a pet training room in your house and you can max the skills anytime with a short macro.
Really though, it is way too much effort involved...if they want to balance this, they should put a huge penalty on all the talismans, on on PC death as well. This was a stupid idea, the devs messed up and I am really let down they have not fixed it yet. Stop with all the donation updates and fix the basic problems first...please.
Poison and resist does not gain over 100. You have to use scrolls. And if you are out daily for multiple hours farming, champs, rdas, dungeon bosses. Unvasions. Yoyr pets will die to mobs. Pks . Thete is no stopping it. The very people who say their pet never dies are the ones that arent out using them for hours all day or night. You say well dont go where the pks run regularly, well what are they supposed to farm, over world spawn. I think not. All the gold and loot is where the pks are. Pet dies once but loses 1.5 skill point per skill. And a pet training room doesnt work here like it did on others shards. Its very slow. There really isn't no need for the harsh skill loss penalties we have. Pks said pets are over Powered in pvp. Well most times the tamer either dies or has to recall out. Heres one for you. I propose that if a blue or pk kills a pet. That person also takes skill loss matching the loss the pet takes. But that wont stop griefers from luring spawn onto your pet @Shane @eppy its been 2 years of people expressing concerns. Why non of you ever give us some feed back.

Status
Not open for further replies.