Phylactery of Resilience (Defense talisman).

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
Hello everyone,

I have a few questions/comments about the talisman. I have currently obtained the talisman and have been leveling it a little bit during the event, however, I am thinking about getting relics to make things easier and the hope to level the relic at the same time as the talisman. Therefore, I am wondering if leveling both at the same time is possible or does the talisman have to reach a certain level before relics can be added and does the order matter? For the relics, I am thinking about going Leech (Survival ability and don't die as quickly), Quench, Remedy, and recoil in that specific order, but not sure.

Also, I noticed that meta pets have the stone to check the status of the relics I believe, is there such a thing needed for meta dexers?

On a side note, the template I am running with it Swords, Anatomy, Healing, Tactics, Parry, Magicresists, Magery (Yes, Magery instead of Hiding because I find there is more versatility with Magery for the sudden need of a cure or heal and can also cast invisibility if needed). I run with Dragon Scale armor as well because there is no dexterity penalty and a shield, which allows for a little more mana. This might be helpful for other players considering the template to run for a tank warrior.

Opinions and suggestions are appreciated, thank you all.

Dulcinea.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Your talisman starts out with 1 relic slot and as you level you gain more relic slots. I think a new relic slot opens up at level 4, 7, and 10 but I'm not 100% sure on the numbers. You can add the relics in any order you want and once the relic is added you will gain talisman xp as well as relic xp at the same time. When you double click your talisman after the relic is added it will show on the right side a separate progress level for each relic, nothing else is needed.

Your template is good and you'll probably want to wear as much armor as possible because higher AR = more gains. I'm not sure if there is a hard cap on the xp bonus amount for wearing more armor, so past a certain point it may not matter. You'd have to have someone else double check that one.

All armor rating below 100 is a penalty to exp gained by 1% exp per 1 armor, you armor is going to go down pretty steady and you might need to bring more than 1 shield while leveling because shields wear down super faster when tanking.

Also magery is never bad, but it is less than awesome for leveling your defensive talisman and I would advise others to go with hiding instead. You can cast Reactive Armor scrolls with 0 magery. My leveling advice is to fight the biggest baddest nonmagic casting monsters you can with full invul plate, a slayer weapon and reactive armor up from a scroll. You will take minimal damage that is easily healed with just bandages,, you will get lots of exp from their big health pools and you wont get an exp penalty from having low armor. Ogre Lords are great for this and there are a few places to find them (the event might not be great because other things might kill you). On my level 1 defense talisman guy I can already tank an ogre lord paragon without any problem and rake in exp.

Edit: to clarify the armor exp penalty, you get 100% normal exp when your armor is 100+ and you are in range, every 1 armor less is a 1% penalty. So is your armor drops to 99 you will be getting 99% of the full exp, at 50 armor rating you are only gaining 50% of the exp and at 0 armor rating you dont get any exp. your armor gets worn out as you fight and the rating starts dropping so you will want to be as high above 100 as possible to be able to avoid going to town to repair every 5 minutes.

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
Thank you both for the information! I greatly appreciate it. I guess I might have to remove magery and go with hiding then! Good tip for the shields because I have noticed that they drop pretty quick in durability.

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
All armor rating below 100 is a penalty to exp gained by 1% exp per 1 armor, you armor is going to go down pretty steady and you might need to bring more than 1 shield while leveling because shields wear down super faster when tanking.

Also magery is never bad, but it is less than awesome for leveling your defensive talisman and I would advise others to go with hiding instead. You can cast Reactive Armor scrolls with 0 magery. My leveling advice is to fight the biggest baddest nonmagic casting monsters you can with full invul plate, a slayer weapon and reactive armor up from a scroll. You will take minimal damage that is easily healed with just bandages,, you will get lots of exp from their big health pools and you wont get an exp penalty from having low armor. Ogre Lords are great for this and there are a few places to find them (the event might not be great because other things might kill you). On my level 1 defense talisman guy I can already tank an ogre lord paragon without any problem and rake in exp.

Edit: to clarify the armor exp penalty, you get 100% normal exp when your armor is 100+ and you are in range, every 1 armor less is a 1% penalty. So is your armor drops to 99 you will be getting 99% of the full exp, at 50 armor rating you are only gaining 50% of the exp and at 0 armor rating you dont get any exp. your armor gets worn out as you fight and the rating starts dropping so you will want to be as high above 100 as possible to be able to avoid going to town to repair every 5 minutes.

What about the meta stones or whatever that tamers require? Not needed I presume?

Kird

Adept
only 80 armor is needed for 100%xp gain
you could drop parry for arms lore for increase hit chance vs stronger mobs

halv

Grandmaster
I can't get 80ar without a shield on my Dexxer. How do you get 80ar without a shield?

halv

Grandmaster
Uh I don't think you can, I don't think a full set of invuln plate does that.

That means to get full exp, you'll need a shield. But you don't need parrying to use a shield to raise ar.
An Axer isn't a good template for a defenser. But if a player is using hiding and parrying with the common dexxer skills, he/she need to drop one of this skills to get arms lore. And a dexxer will need 21% magery to use magic reflect scrolls. That means a dexxer need to raise the skillcap with lumberjacking or mining to 120 and then drop it back to zero. Creating a dexxer is kind of a science. ;)