Pirate Banner art

Belgarath

Novice
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this or if you already know about it either, but here it is. I finally updated my client with the UO:F patcher and the art work for my donation pirate banners on my house are not all black anymore. They are a sunburst of black and an orangeish color. Looks awful. lol

I know this is not a major issue, but maybe it's an easy fix in the near future. If it is, great! I knew it would never get fixed if not brought to your attention though. If you want to see the banners in game here are the coordinates to my house.

45 degrees 47'S 36 degrees 16'W

Thanks! :)

wreckognize

Grandmaster
ahh, so my guess is that they were all black before, because your client didn't have the art file for them.

I suppose you could modify your client to see whichever banner type you wanted, but alas, i don't know how that works personally. I'm not sure you could get the all-black look doing that either, but probably.

Belgarath

Novice
Well, until recently they were all black and are supposed to be all black. I'm not sure why they changed with their client update since they're the ones that put them in game. They were originally in Shame 5 and when I first saw them I was really hoping they would include them on the dono vendor. The did for about a week once and I got a couple of them, obviously. They've always been black until I updated with the custom patcher. Looks the same to my cousin after he updated too. They used to be pretty badass looking and pretty much suck now. Hope they fix it since it is a dono item. :(

halygon

Grandmaster
Well, until recently they were all black and are supposed to be all black. I'm not sure why they changed with their client update since they're the ones that put them in game. They were originally in Shame 5 and when I first saw them I was really hoping they would include them on the dono vendor. The did for about a week once and I got a couple of them, obviously. They've always been black until I updated with the custom patcher. Looks the same to my cousin after he updated too. They used to be pretty badass looking and pretty much suck now. Hope they fix it since it is a dono item. :(
As far as I know, they have always been those colors here. Our SC guild house (Skeleton Crew) has had those flags a good while.

I am not sure this is really a bug because the art is displayed as it supposed to. It seems like more of a suggestion that you want black pirate flags. Because of this, I am moving it to the Suggestions forum.

Belgarath

Novice
As far as I know, they have always been those colors here. Our SC guild house (Skeleton Crew) has had those flags a good while.

I am not sure this is really a bug because the art is displayed as it supposed to. It seems like more of a suggestion that you want black pirate flags. Because of this, I am moving it to the Suggestions forum.

Why have they always been all black (like a jolly roger should be) to all of my past guild members until we recently updated with the patcher? I've had these banners since day one that they came out.

Belgarath

Novice
I thought of that too, but I'm fairly certain the post Shane puts up when donation items change were black as well. I can't imagine I would've bought a Jolly Roger that wasn't all black. lol That's just not what a Jolly Roger is. Jolly Rogers are all black with a skull and crossbones.

Of course, I can't say it for 100% certain, but I do believe my cousin and brother saw black as well. I think they got the client from UO:F. I'll have to check with them and see. Either way, I sure would like to see them all black if that's something that can be done. So yes, regardless if it is a bug or not, end game I would like it if it was changed. lol :)

Belgarath

Novice
Oh, I did check with my cousin and brother, and yes, they did download originally from the UO:F client download. No idea if that would help in figuring out what happened and where, but there's the info I said I'd check on. ;)