Place a second house... at a cost

SidX

Grandmaster
It would be cool to have the ability to place a second house, but once you do so your first house becomes instantly IDOC and would follow IDOC rules.

On the official UO servers I remember you could have your primary house, plus the ability to place a second. However, when you placed a second house, your primary started to irreversibly decay for about a week (?). This was great if you found a nice open lot or wanted to buy a bigger house. You could use the decay period to move all of your belongings. I know you can technically use a second account for this but it can get to be frustrating bouncing between clients and logging in/out.

There are a lot of times I see an open lot or a player selling a house but I can't bite because I have a house. Sometimes I'd sacrifice insta-IDOC for a good home.

AlyM

Grandmaster
I kind of like this idea....
I mean, so many times I've wanted to move off ice island... but it's like, I'd have to have someone hold plots for me, I'd have to move all my stuff and then drop plots, etc...
Not worth it.

Insta-idoc gives me 4 hours to move everything, sell the plot if possilbe, if not, drop the plot and continue my life.

However, pessimistic me cannot see this ever implemented ;(

SidX

Grandmaster
You can have 3 accounts...therefore 3 house slots...

Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388
Yeah, I just figured with the way it is now you have to place a house on a secondary account, clean out + demolish the house on your primary account, then transfer the new house between accounts.. if that makes sense. But then that opens up an issue with where your belongings will go when you demolish your primary house. You'd have to bank them on multiple characters.

This would basically let you place a second house while the first one goes insta-IDOC, so you'd have 4 hours to move your belongings.

Last edited by a moderator: