Please Bring Back The Lever Puzzle! ;)

Stormy

Expert
I would like to suggest bringing back the Doom Lever Puzzle. It's a very fun group activity that also gives theives more legit things to do. It's much more fun than just buying a lamp post off of the gold sink vendor & you could spawn something else in that secret room that would motivate players to do the puzzle. It could be an alternative activity to the Champ Spawns with something other than Power Scrolls to go after. I guarantee it would be a HIT with the players!! Below is a quick run down on the puzzle for those who are unfamiliar with it.
Thx!!

The Doom lever puzzle is a puzzle that requires 5 people to complete. It allows access to a hidden room where the Lamp Post spawns. To complete the puzzle, the player to be teleported to the secret room must have Grandmaster or higher Stealing and stands on the middle tile, while four other people stand on the tiles in a circle around the thief. The four people each pull their lever in succession and if the order is correct, lightning strikes the thief & the thief is teleported to the hidden room where the lamp post spawns. If not, then rocks fall on every player in the area. High physical resist armor is recommended. The statues also give a hint , when the levers are pulled in the incorrect order, which usually hints to which levers were incorrect in the succession. Once the levers are pulled in the correct order such as " east, south north then west" or whatever, and the thief has been transported to the lamp room, the thief has a limited time to steal the lamp post before noxious fumes fill the room & kills him. There is also a golden box in the center of the table that turns out to be a cleverly concealed trap when opened though, as a strange creature, known as the Wanderer of the Void, will appear when the lid is lifted. The lamp room is pictured below

It would also be relevant to note, that , players running through the dungeon corridor could see the secret room & know when a lamp post had spawned , even though they couldn't access the room without going to the lever puzzle area & completing the puzzle. This room was also where the Inquisitor's Resolution Gauntlets spawned once a month. While I realize that we do not have Doom, & do not have Doom artifacts like the Inquisitor's Resolution, you could spawn a different rare there, that's suitable for this server no matter what dungeon area you put it in. I really hope you implement this. It's loads of fun and everyone would love it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Stormy

Expert
Gauntlet aside, it would be fun to run the puzzle & get rare drops from it, as well as lamp posts. Just imagine what they could spawn in there, other than the Inquisitor's resolution. When the Inquisitor's resolution spawned in there once a month it was a huge deal on the shard. Those things sold for 40 mil easy! Although I do not advocate for artifacts such as that, they could spawn some really good stuff in that room & it would be fun watching guildmates defend the puzzle during play like they defend the champ spawn! Its totally a Win Win!!