Please remove dex loss from chain and ring...

Wizx13

Grandmaster
So tell me how you can justify removing all that dex loss from dragon armor to make it useful and leaving - 3 dex on smith dex suits..

Last edited by a moderator:

Young Star

Grandmaster
My go to used to always be chain tunic and pants then plate gorget , arms, and closed helm when on OSI. I usually took the small dex hit with my lumberjack. The AR though here really doesn't seem worth it for the loss even on valorite. If I remember correctly the dragon scale armor gave the same loss but had the added bonus of adding some elemental spell damage absorbing or some magical bonus depending on the scale color. I think it only worked if you wore the full set so you couldn't mix and match different scales.

i dont think val and verite have a high enough ar for their investment in resources.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
Bah! I love my bone armor. The big down side to the HIGH ar is taht it brakes fast as shit. Leave it alone, it will fuck all the people that stock pile different armors.

Fattson

Grandmaster
I gotta say, I like the dragon and bone ar having zero dex loss. That's one tailor item and one bs item that requires high skill level and still has a decent fail chance.

From a crafter pov, this allows you to sell for a decent price and keeps the resource guys having a reason to continue farming.

With the way we're all drinking pots, I don't know how much of a difference 3 dex really is as far as swing speed. But I feel like it can't be THAT much. Seems to me it's all a matter of personal preference.

halygon

Grandmaster
I gotta say, I like the dragon and bone ar having zero dex loss. That's one tailor item and one bs item that requires high skill level and still has a decent fail chance.

From a crafter pov, this allows you to sell for a decent price and keeps the resource guys having a reason to continue farming.

With the way we're all drinking pots, I don't know how much of a difference 3 dex really is as far as swing speed. But I feel like it can't be THAT much. Seems to me it's all a matter of personal preference.
Honestly though, I like bone armor and dragon scale to be dexless too for the same purposes.

My recommendation for a while now has been to stop the loot drop of magical bone armor. Let it be crafter only armor. Personally I think that alone will fix most armor problems. What do you guys think?

Fattson

Grandmaster
Honestly though, I like bone armor and dragon scale to be dexless too for the same purposes.

My recommendation for a while now has been to stop the loot drop of magical bone armor. Let it be crafter only armor. Personally I think that alone will fix most armor problems. What do you guys think?

I think that's a great idea. Personally, I think it would help the crafting community a great deal if magic armor in general was restricted to treasure chests and MIbs.

Fattson

Grandmaster
This is probably a suggestion for a different thread. But whatever.

So many custom pvm scripts. Things have gotten way too easy for the pvm crowd. I think it's time to start constricting as far as loot is concerned. The rich are staying rich and new guys are begging at the poker table for help and not having to do much for themselves. Anyone who has been here for any length of time had to do everything with minimal help when we started. No one had 50 mil in the bank. I think we need to start looking at a fix to these issues.

Sorry for kinda sorta derailing. As you were.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster

Terrible idea, Bone armor breaks fast enough as it is, Don't take it away from the drops

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster

There's a lot of stock pile houses out there with armor sorted/sitting in them. Maybe just an adjustment to the Ring/Chain pieces that give loss to give less of a loss. Personally I have no problem with how it is since I use dirt.

Possibly make a property of Verite/Valorite to not give dex loss to said pieces?

Wizx13

Grandmaster

Why would they drop all that dex off of dragon armor and not drop the -3? Dragon armor was 15+ dex loss...

halygon

Grandmaster
Terrible idea, Bone armor breaks fast enough as it is, Don't take it away from the drops
The idea would be that you can still wear bone armor- you will just have to wear GM or runic once your legacy magic armor is depleted.

You of all people should want players to use lesser armor on the norm instead of full fort/invul bone for every field fight.

halygon

Grandmaster
Why would they drop all that dex off of dragon armor and not drop the -3? Dragon armor was 15+ dex loss...
It was never used and it's hard to make because of high skill and resource requirements. Even with no dex loss, rarely anyone uses it because of the above reasons.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
It was never used and it's hard to make because of high skill and resource requirements. Even with no dex loss, rarely anyone uses it because of the above reasons.
So now no one uses the dex suits...it didnt accomplish anything except killing a market.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
Taking the -3 off wouldnt hurt anything. Dragon scale market is opening up now. There has been quite a surge in dragon scale orders. I plan on opening a few vendors my self, but at the same time it sucks to see a -3 dex almost halt the use of the set it belongs to.

0 dex for smith dex suits plz :)

halygon

Grandmaster
So now no one uses the dex suits...it didnt accomplish anything except killing a market.
I think it accomplished exactly what it was meant to.

Your heavy/light archer suits (not sure which kind you make) are unwanted because of:

1) the ease of finding and high ar/no loss magic bone armor
2) the high base ar of barbed leather suits
3) berserker talismans that require very low ar for best exp gain

Even if chain had no dex loss, it would not be better than the cheap magic bone armor you can buy/find. The bone armor is your main culprit - not the dex loss on the chain/ring mail.