Poison

Winstonian

Grandmaster
What's next? If I have 100 provo I have a greater chance to make EQMS fight themselves?
I mean, sure. We can take this in that direction. We can take a reasonable suggestion that you may disagree with (skills improve the effect of the associated action) and turn it into forum PvP garbage.

(Realized that this came off excessively emotional. I seriously wouldn't mind if this erroded into forum PvP... poisoning is not changing, despite how it would benefit the shard, so it might as well become something equally as irrelevant.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheapsuit

Master
poisoning is very strong... it doesnt really matter what kinda poison it is as it is all about eating up cure pots, anyways... noone really ever sees a single tick (unless hes a noob and / or bad)
Yeah if poison is as strong as a lot of you claim, isn't that even more reason not to give its benefits away for free? If it's truly that strong, then it deserves the respect of having to train the skill to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K A Z

Grandmaster
Yeah if poison is as strong as a lot of you claim, isn't that even more reason not to give its benefits away for free? If it's truly that strong, then it deserves the respect of having to train the skill to use it.

without GM poisoning you barely ever poison your opponent + you only have so many charges on yer weapon.. with GM poisoning you poison on every second hit or something and you're able re-poison on the run. What you are suggesting is just as dumb as suggesting that explopots should only deal dmg with GM alchemy. Please stop trying to re-invent the wheel when the systems in place have been throughoutly tested by various players over the last 3 years.

Cheapsuit

Master
The gripe is that 100 skill points is too much for only a 20% more chance to poison your opponent than someone with ZERO skill points.

Ps: pots are a pre made commodity, my entire argument is that poisoned weps shouldn't be.

manolo

Adept
Isn't the base chance to apply poison on hit like 20% so having GM skill would double the chance, i.e. increase it by 100%? Sounds like a good enough bonus to me, in addition to being able to poison your own weapons. Poison dexers, or dexers overall for that matter, definitely don't need any kind of buffs as they are a superior template in many situations while requiring the least amount of skill to play effectively. #8secbandagesLAWL

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Isn't the base chance to apply poison on hit like 20% so having GM skill would double the chance, i.e. increase it by 100%? Sounds like a good enough bonus to me, in addition to being able to poison your own weapons. Poison dexers, or dexers overall for that matter, definitely don't need any kind of buffs as they are a superior template in many situations while requiring the least amount of skill to play effectively. #8secbandagesLAWL
Neg. It would be 20% at GM, and decline from there.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
without GM poisoning you barely ever poison your opponent + you only have so many charges on yer weapon.. with GM poisoning you poison on every second hit or something and you're able re-poison on the run. What you are suggesting is just as dumb as suggesting that explopots should only deal dmg with GM alchemy. Please stop trying to re-invent the wheel when the systems in place have been throughoutly tested by various players over the last 3 years.
Yes, expl pots should do minimal damage without alchemy, just as poisoning should require the skill to have its full effect.

If the wheel has four flat sides, it's probably time to start working on making it better. PvP is far from finished, and absolutely needs improvements.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
There are skills on this server that do this properly, inscription being one. Imagine if inscription wasn't needed to get the full effect of MR/RA/prot.

K A Z

Grandmaster
The gripe is that 100 skill points is too much for only a 20% more chance to poison your opponent than someone with ZERO skill points.

Ps: pots are a pre made commodity, my entire argument is that poisoned weps shouldn't be.

have you ever tried out gm poisoning? make the rate to poison your opponent higher and it becomes super OP...

Yes, expl pots should do minimal damage without alchemy, just as poisoning should require the skill to have its full effect.

If the wheel has four flat sides, it's probably time to start working on making it better. PvP is far from finished, and absolutely needs improvements.

you get a buff with gm poisoning, just as you get a buff with inscription. Your argumentation is flawed!

Kilike

Grandmaster
It is powerful because poisoning skill was never intended to have any advantage on the field, but it does on uof. You want to make it even more powerful and make non poisoners unable to use poisoned weapons as they have for the past 18 years?
This is just flat out wrong information. Pre Renaissance maybe? But not sure. In Ren era there was tons of nox mages running around(stronger fields, and in nox was stronger if cast within one tile).

As for ops post. I can't say I agree there either. There's quiet a big difference between having your wep dp'd with no skill and dp with gm skill.

Honestly I don't think you'll get anyone here to agree, as nox dexxers are insanely strong.

It was actually taken away from non poisoners on osi in the early 2000's...

Also untrue. I played all the way up to just before kingdom reborn, and this was never removed from game.

25% isn't the only benefit. Not sure how many noxxed weps someone will carry on them at once, but the ability to reapply the poison on the fly is pretty big.
Sent from my SM-G900P

Cheapsuit

Master
have you ever tried out gm poisoning? make the rate to poison your opponent higher and it becomes super OP...

you get a buff with gm poisoning, just as you get a buff with inscription. Your argumentation is flawed!
First thing I do on any server I play on is hiding, stealth, poison. So yes I have tried out GM poisoning and I like it. I DO NOT THINK IT REALLY NEEDS ANY BOOST. But giving everyone who creates a char a 25% chance to do what took me many *college* years and hours to learn, then only giving me an additional 20% higher chance for all my hard work just doesn't seem reasonable to me.

Kilike

Grandmaster
First thing I do on any server I play on is hiding, stealth, poison. So yes I have tried out GM poisoning and I like it. I DO NOT THINK IT REALLY NEEDS ANY BOOST. But giving everyone who creates a char a 25% chance to do what took me many *college* years and hours to learn, then only giving me an additional 20% higher chance for all my hard work just doesn't seem reasonable to me.

Try it out without and with man. It's really strong. Even if the numbers seems off to you, I assure you. It's worth it here.

Sent from my SM-G900P

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Pre tram I vanquished many a mightier foe than me by carrying a huge assortment of dped katanas. Just never stop poisoning them, ever. Which is also why i am starting to dig using a dped dagger. Near constant poisoning.

Cheapsuit

Master
Pre tram I vanquished many a mightier foe than me by carrying a huge assortment of dped katanas. Just never stop poisoning them, ever. Which is also why i am starting to dig using a dped dagger. Near constant poisoning.
Case n point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk