Poison

Cheapsuit

Master
Well if I'm truly the only person on the server who feels like 100 skill points in poison for an extra 25% chance to poison isn't worth the skill points then I'll stop trying to argue the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Well if I'm truly the only person on the server who feels like 100 skill points in poison for an extra 25% chance to poison isn't worth the skill points then I'll stop trying to argue the issue.

You aren't the only one. Maybe adding a fail chance for being under GM. If you fail, you take the poison, like when grinding the Poisoning skill.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
i'll leave you two noobs alone @Hexoplex @Cheapsuit

Xyu5CbV.png

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
i'll leave you two noobs alone @Hexoplex @Cheapsuit

Xyu5CbV.png
Lol, I am a Noob because I contributed to the idea? I am all for everyone using poison, but a person with 100 skill points in it should get a better bonus than a 25% increase to apply over someone with 0 skill points. At 100, does the player have a chance to inflict Lethal level poison? If so, that would be sufficient bonus to me.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
It's fine as it is. If you don't think a 25% bonus chance is enough to warrant the 100 skill points on your dexer then don't take it and either buy poisoned weapons or use another char to poison them for you.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
Lol, I am a Noob because I contributed to the idea? I am all for everyone using poison, but a person with 100 skill points in it should get a better bonus than a 25% increase to apply over someone with 0 skill points. At 100, does the player have a chance to inflict Lethal level poison? If so, that would be sufficient bonus to me.

No because you are asking to buff skill that's already in a good place and you guys don't realize how powerful nox is in pvp.

A person with a 100 skill points in nox has chance of applying deadly poison or greater poison every swing, with the right steam macro your weapon should always be poisoned. With the 25% bonus to apply you are making someone burn their cures a lot faster and they typically go on the defensive. If the fight goes on for a long time, the 15 deadly potions you are carrying will outlast their 20 cure pots, allowing you to spam lol while throwing pots until they die. You should be throwing purples on any pvp template not just alchy. I feel lethal poison has no place in pvp and db shouldn't lethal poison players.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
No because you are asking to buff skill that's already in a good place and you guys don't realize how powerful nox is in pvp.

A person with a 100 skill points in nox has chance of applying deadly poison or greater poison every swing, with the right steam macro your weapon should always be poisoned. With the 25% bonus to apply you are making someone burn their cures a lot faster and they typically go on the defensive. If the fight goes on for a long time, the 15 deadly potions you are carrying will outlast their 20 cure pots, allowing you to spam lol while throwing pots until they die. You should be throwing purples on any pvp template not just alchy. I feel lethal poison has no place in pvp and db shouldn't lethal poison players.
Ok, that answer is way better then the previous ones. I can see what you mean by it is already powerful as it is.

I must have just not seen this reply:
with that being said, at gm nox you get bonus effects like % increase to apply poison on hit and if you cast nox with a nox mage it can't be resisted, if you don't have gm poisining you dont get any of these bonuses, making the 100 extra skill points totally worth it. nox mages are absolute beasts in group fights if you can time a nox in a drop and nox dexxers shine 1v1, 2v2's, 3v3s + solo pking.

halygon

Grandmaster
with that being said, at gm nox you get bonus effects like % increase to apply poison on hit and if you cast nox with a nox mage it can't be resisted, if you don't have gm poisining you dont get any of these bonuses, making the 100 extra skill points totally worth it. nox mages are absolute beasts in group fights if you can time a nox in a drop and nox dexxers shine 1v1, 2v2's, 3v3s + solo pking.
For dexxors, the chance to inflict is scaled by skill and does not require GM to have an added effect.

To the OP, there are many areas of UO that allow you to do *something* with zero skill. Every skill has something like that. There are a couple reasons for this, some obvious, but what you are looking for here is that by allowing anyone use a poison weapon, it diversifies templates and gives GM poisoner's something to do outside of PvP.

As far as what would be a good suggestion in this area - maybe suggest that the base infliction rate of poison when using a weapon at zero poisoning skill is lowered from what it is currently.

God.RG

Grandmaster
It was actually taken away from non poisoners on osi in the early 2000's... but an assassin cant tame an animal with zero taming so why should everyone benefit from assassin's supposedly best skill?
suggesting anything from "early 2000's" UO is a shit idea off the rip.

Cheapsuit

Master
As far as what would be a good suggestion in this area - maybe suggest that the base infliction rate of poison when using a weapon at zero poisoning skill is lowered from what it is currently.
Yes please!

Cheapsuit

Master
WOOOOO ITEM BASED PVP! 150 STR AND 120 SWORDS FTW
I one shotted many with this and an Axe of the Heavens lol was hated so badly for it considering I had the second Axe of the Heavens on the entire shard.

halygon

Grandmaster
dude at this point with zero poisoning, you're lucky to poison 1/10 times.
would be even worse with what @halygon suggested.
Actually you have the same chance as to stun or para-blow or crushing blow or concussion blow.

PS: its 25% base chance and 20% more with GM Poisoning I believe.