Poisoning Mechanics

Jason

Adept
I'm curious about the mechanics of this skill in regards to magery and eval. Assuming Poisoning is GM, would having (for example) 80 magery/80 eval effect the level of poison applied vs. 100 magery/100 eval?

In other words, does poisoning in any way get a boost/decline based on a magery/eval check?

Jason

Adept
I can confirm that alchy, scribe or heal are far better skills to have on a mage as everyone who knows anything carries 20+ cures.

This is for a nox theif build. I'm trying to determine how much mage and eval I want. If a nox mage poison is not effected/scaled by eval, I may use those points elsewhere.

Super Trammie

Apprentice
This is for a nox theif build. I'm trying to determine how much mage and eval I want. If a nox mage poison is not effected/scaled by eval, I may use those points elsewhere.

I'm not sure you'll find a definitive answer outside of Shane or Adam saying so. Run UO code is all over the place.

You could always just test it yourself. Eval is easy enough to skill-up if you end up needing it. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

The other thing I forgot to mention is that the caster's magery skill is checked against their target's resisting spells skill to determine whether or not the poison gets resisted outright. You'll want 100 magery.

You should give some insight into your planned play-style because 100 magery with no eval is for being defensive (max gheal/cure etc). So assuming your going to have a weapon skill for doing damage?

Also a nox/mage/thief seems like your trying to be too much with one character.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
I don't think he meant he wanted to be a NOx mage thief, I think he was referring to the advice given previous to that message was For a noxmagethief...idrk weird thread

Sent from Baja 1997