POLL: Veteran Reward - Soulstone

Would you like a soulstone to be a veteran reward?

• Total voters

bradley-

Grandmaster
For those who don't know what soulstones do.. It allows you to take a skill off of your character and store it in the soulstone. You can then place those stored points on any character on that same account.
For example: I could take 100 lumberjacking off of my crafter and put it on my swordsman so that he could benefit from the lumberjack bonus.
The 700 skill cap still applies.. In the example above, I would have to drop a skill to replace it with lumberjacking.

I like The Veteran title from the 1 year conquest and the 1 month statue is kind of neat, but I feel like we should have something with a practical use as a veteran reward! Maybe have soulstones as the 1.5 or 2 year veteran reward?? Also, I would hope that the soulstones be ACCOUNT BOUND being veteran rewards and whatnot.

Thoughts? Or other ideas if you selected "I'd rather have something else"

Last edited by a moderator:

besttherewas

Grandmaster
Why not just have soulstones as a gold sink item. Say 250k or even 100k that are NOT account bound. Would create a further market too.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Yes to soul stones. Make it so you can link your two accounts to them. Actually make it so you can link as many of "your" accounts to them as you want and start banning these 3+ accounts. People who cheat are dumb enough that they would actually link more than two accounts.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
how about starts at 2 years, then one per year after that?

and only one skill per year

u know, switch the account on that lockpicker or tamer

i agree this kind of power is best suited as a veteran reward, as it should be a right not a privilage :D IMHO

Kraden

Grandmaster
No. Theres already skills scrolls. Plus ud just have people selling thier taming soulstone and make more tamers. Idk i say no. Maybe make them account bound?

Sobz

Master
No. Theres already skills scrolls. Plus ud just have people selling thier taming soulstone and make more tamers. Idk i say no. Maybe make them account bound?

Yeah at least account bound. Tradable would ruin ss. But yeah otherwise i like the idea

Hephastus

Journeyman
I voted against it. It's so easy to raise skills skills here (not to mention SS), so just drop 2 or 3 skllls of your current template and re-GM your old ones if you prefer your initial skill combinaton.

Rather, I'd suggest that veterans should receive another character slot to permanently add another template to their character portfolio.

Soul stones, in my opinion, are only of use to people who have gm tamers on the shard. Explanation: ALL skills outside of like 3-4 are quick to GM. Crafting skills are all easy to GM and SS aren't terribly expensive even alc/scribe, Poisoning is the slowest.. Fighting skills extremely quick to gm slowest being archery and LJ which still is an afk bandage day away from GM. Once again SS cheap for that. Thieving skills all quick to gm and require no effort but afk macroing outside of lockpicking from 95-GM. Fishing from what I have heard is an afk day from GM however no experience with that. All magery skills are quick to gm and relatively cheap. All the bard skills can be easily done. SS cheap, instruments cheaper. Considering all of these are being done by a 1.5+ year old Vet most players(I Hope) have the gold/resources to gm all of these skills right now without breaking the bank as they would when they first started out.

Lockpicking I could see it used if at GM. Poisoning I have GMed on two chars, as slow as it is I would still prefer something other than a skill transfer item. I guess you could make the stretch of resisting spells being soul stone worthy but still it isn't that bad to gm either. This just seems to give every player on the shard with a tamer the ability to make an instant second tamer(or third).

I don't know what I would want otherwise. I just would prefer it to be something other than soulstones when I reach 2 years.

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
Soul stones, in my opinion, are only of use to people who have gm tamers on the shard. Explanation: ALL skills outside of like 3-4 are quick to GM. Crafting skills are all easy to GM and SS aren't terribly expensive even alc/scribe, Poisoning is the slowest.. Fighting skills extremely quick to gm slowest being archery and LJ which still is an afk bandage day away from GM. Once again SS cheap for that. Thieving skills all quick to gm and require no effort but afk macroing outside of lockpicking from 95-GM. Fishing from what I have heard is an afk day from GM however no experience with that. All magery skills are quick to gm and relatively cheap. All the bard skills can be easily done. SS cheap, instruments cheaper. Considering all of these are being done by a 1.5+ year old Vet most players(I Hope) have the gold/resources to gm all of these skills right now without breaking the bank as they would when they first started out.

Lockpicking I could see it used if at GM. Poisoning I have GMed on two chars, as slow as it is I would still prefer something other than a skill transfer item. I guess you could make the stretch of resisting spells being soul stone worthy but still it isn't that bad to gm either. This just seems to give every player on the shard with a tamer the ability to make an instant second tamer(or third).

I don't know what I would want otherwise. I just would prefer it to be something other than soulstones when I reach 2 years.

This would also allow reds to go blue with zero cost. I voted no, and would vote 1000000 times no again.

The problem I see with vet rewards is this is a free game, all u need Is a free account and you get vet rewards. That is not how I see vet rewards being distributed.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Sarphus

Journeyman
I'm not sure which way to vote on this.

I loved and thoroughly abused soulstones in public UO. I'm not sure they're necessary here.

It was nice being able to build dynamic characters using soulstones. It may not be necessary here because it isn't that hard to develop skils here.