Possible to steal while mounted

Lailoken

Journeyman
Quick question,
I was wondering if it's possible to steal while mounted at a dead run. Because it just happened to me.
He just took a bag with 3 worthless plants so no big but I was wondering if you can do that.

I was at the tailors and this guy comes up next to me on a horse. I get my BOD and run to E. Brit Bank and he gives chase. I stop at the corner of the bank and he runs full speed right through me and bam, bag is gone the second I stop. I know because I had it opened and suddenly it closed. I looked and it was no longer in my inventory.
So I thought there might be someone stealthed and stealing but nothing. They didn't seem to bother with my ax of power as I let it sit in my bag waiting for it to disappear. But nope. Nothing.

So I'm wondering, is this new? Every time I attempt to steal while mounted it say's I can't be mounted.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
Quick question,
I was wondering if it's possible to steal while mounted at a dead run. Because it just happened to me.
He just took a bag with 3 worthless plants so no big but I was wondering if you can do that.

I was at the tailors and this guy comes up next to me on a horse. I get my BOD and run to E. Brit Bank and he gives chase. I stop at the corner of the bank and he runs full speed right through me and bam, bag is gone the second I stop. I know because I had it opened and suddenly it closed. I looked and it was no longer in my inventory.
So I thought there might be someone stealthed and stealing but nothing. They didn't seem to bother with my ax of power as I let it sit in my bag waiting for it to disappear. But nope. Nothing.

So I'm wondering, is this new? Every time I attempt to steal while mounted it say's I can't be mounted.

You can steal mounted. The only time you cant steal mounted is when stealing a powerscroll.

Experience

Grandmaster
he probably set the bag to last target and stole it on the run. once you snoop someone you don't need to re-snoop to steal so you can steal on the run, yes.

SidX

Grandmaster
Yup the thief must have snooped you earlier, set the bag to last target, then just used a 'Use Skill > Stealing, LastTarget' macro while he ran by.. as for power scrolls, you might be able to steal them mounted but you'll be dismounted afterwards.. lame if you ask me, can anyone confirm?

Lailoken

Journeyman
OK cool.

Now I have to learn how to do that. :)
When I was typing this up on the forum he asked me at the bank if i waned the bag back but I was AFK.
He was practicing. If I had not had my bag open I would not have noticed. Pretty smooth move. I can see why he was practicing.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
OK cool.

Now I have to learn how to do that. :)
When I was typing this up on the forum he asked me at the bank if i waned the bag back but I was AFK.
He was practicing. If I had not had my bag open I would not have noticed. Pretty smooth move. I can see why he was practicing.

The funny thing is most people dont even notice what has happened ha. The theif really is one of the most diverse and fun chars to play.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
yup i steal all the time like this. target that nice weap and follow em til they recall.....hotkey steal last target. imagine casting recall and while frozen and helpless...someone pops out to snag that weapon that just dropped in ur pack while u recalled

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
If they are keeping pace with you yes they can steal on the run.
If they are keeping pace with you and steal and then suddenly blip off screen, report them.

gzuf

Novice
What about putting your stuff in a pouch and covering your pouch with a runebook or spellbook? I did that back in the day and kept doing it since I started up again and haven't had issues as long as I don't forget something is in my main bag. Dunno how foolproof that is tho.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
What about putting your stuff in a pouch and covering your pouch with a runebook or spellbook? I did that back in the day and kept doing it since I started up again and haven't had issues as long as I don't forget something is in my main bag. Dunno how foolproof that is tho.

I love when people do this. I check under every item in any pack I snoop.

Messremb

Grandmaster
In both razor and steam the can adjust the object delay and move items in your pack making them disappear to them while they look through your stuff. Trapped or locked chests work best.

As to stealing PSs, it's a shame that script stealers have made nerfs necessary to keep the balance.

gzuf

Novice
ohshitman.gif

Darkarna

Grandmaster
In both razor and steam the can adjust the object delay and move items in your pack making them disappear to them while they look through your stuff. Trapped or locked chests work best.

As to stealing PSs, it's a shame that script stealers have made nerfs necessary to keep the balance.

It is even more a shame that script stealing has not yet been fixed. I still feel passionately about it as it really does ruin the thief class and I know that many more are using it, I can only hope that those of you who use it, your hands will rot off in the most painful way possible.

SidX

Grandmaster
It is even more a shame that script stealing has not yet been fixed. I still feel passionately about it as it really does ruin the thief class and I know that many more are using it, I can only hope that those of you who use it, your hands will rot off in the most painful way possible.
What can be done with script stealing? Honestly I hear a lot about it but have no clue what about stealing can be scripted that can't be done with simple macros?

Maybe we should open a thread explaining the script stealing process so it can hopefully be addressed. If it involves stealing items by type, can't this be done with Razor?

:eek:

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
What can be done with script stealing? Honestly I hear a lot about it but have no clue what about stealing can be scripted that can't be done with simple macros?

Maybe we should open a thread explaining the script stealing process so it can hopefully be addressed. If it involves stealing items by type, can't this be done with Razor?

:eek:

Nothing can be done without fucking crafters over iirc. The 'fix' for powerscrolls is dumb and bad, hopefully something can be figured out because asking people to hold the ps as they run, or put it in a box, or not loiter after champs is apparently a bridge too far.