Currently my build is:
115 Taming
100 Lore
100 Magery
100 Meditation
100 Vet
100 Music
100 Provoke

I'm considering dropping meditation for Archery, and balancing my stats 95 Str 90 int 40 dex. My question to everybody is, how good is Archery without tactics? I rarely ever use G-Heal on my pet unless im fighting against a stronger paragon. Anybody out there have an archer tamer without tactics?

Bromista

Grandmaster
One word: insane.

No really I haven't heard of one. I know several archer tamers but none are bards so they all have tactics.

Could work but I'm leaning towards not. My provo tamer would NOT like having no med. He already hates 70 med and no eval. I imagine archery without tactics would feel just as gimped especially if you hand funky stats. What were you thinking for INT/DEX?

Wrexx

Grandmaster
Well all I really use med for is recalling around, I don't throw e-bolts without eval.So when I come across that paragon ancient liche, sitting back and vetting while plunking away even 50 a shot is huge in terms of killing power. I would consider 95/90/40 or even 90/90/45

Nanashi

Grandmaster
do you think without resist spells effect the tamer? or is the answer just due to the players play style?

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
You cannot drop vet cause you couldn't res your pet, then.

archer/tamer is probably a very good build for champ spawns but against the real monsters, like ballies, ancient wyrms, etc, even more so if they are paragons, you will need to use both vet and magery to heal your pets, and for that, you need at least some med (i'm at 85 right now, will be at 60 once build is entirely finished, but I'm scared that might be a bit low!).

Nanashi

Grandmaster
Ah I forgot about the 7x skills already met, there isn't a point in getting resist for a tamer unless your all magery. At the moment I have an Archer/Bard/Mage,Does really well against a lot of harder mobs but archery seems weak with only tactics. I usually just wait for the two mobs to kill each other. I am probably going to make this Mage/bard/Tamer instead since all the primary skills are GM.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Best templates for PVM are :

120 provo
100 music
100 archery
100 tactics
100 anat
100 healing
xxx (hiding, resist, magery, whatev)

OR

120 provo
120 taming
120 lore
100 music
100 magery
100 vet
60 med

Bromista

Grandmaster
For me a fully scrolled povo tamer w/ 90 Magery 70 Med has been the sweet spot. I take a hit on gheals with 90 Magery but the failure rate for active med was too high at 60.

You'll notice the lack of mana at 60 Med more when fielding champ spawns than you will for ghealing if you're taking on paragons. You'll be using your Magery to suppliment Vet so the difference is negligible. Comes down which end use you favor more tbh.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
I have yet to reach that point, it was a theorical opinion but... yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right. Just wanted to give a general idea of provo/archer and tamer/bards being the best templates :)

anoob

Novice
Im at :
105 taming
100 lore
100 vet
100 mage
100 med
100 arch
100 tactics

95 str
80 mana
60 dex
= own

not the best PvM but a good balance between dps on mob and a wandering red

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
Best templates for PVM are :

120 provo
100 music
100 archery
100 tactics
100 anat
100 healing
xxx (hiding, resist, magery, whatev)

OR

120 provo
120 taming
120 lore
100 music
100 magery
100 vet
60 med

Going to have to agree, i've got both. My archer bard funded my tamer bard. Archer bard had hiding - did great but my taming bard literally just rolls through crap. The reasoning? Archer bard requires at least two mobs to tackle a tough nasty or its hitting your bard. The tamer can send in the drags if there isn't something to provo.