Provoke Nerf?

Lazenby

Adept
So the last few weeks I have been using provoke, and sometimes on long fights like paragons I would hide. It never made a difference, whereas if cast invis it would break the provoke. Now today I notice that you can no longer hide while provoking, it instantly breaks it. Was this change intentional? Haven't seen anything about it?

I noticed it is not true outside dungeons on animals...but i tried on a pair of ogre lords outside trin, a pair of harpies in covet, and a matriatch and avenger paragon fighting as well and all of them broke the second I hid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lazenby

Adept
After a bit more testing, I think I have it figured out. Somehow it depends on the level of your hide. My one bard has 100 provo and 100 hide, and it works like a charm, I can provoke and hide all I want, safely. Now on the other char I have 115 provo, but my hiding only is 65...so even though I am successful at hiding, somehow it breaks the provoke. At least that is the best I can figure out...I could be totally wrong. So confusing. I know I haven't seen anything about this in my uo travels.

thestand

Grandmaster
After a bit more testing, I think I have it figured out. Somehow it depends on the level of your hide. My one bard has 100 provo and 100 hide, and it works like a charm, I can provoke and hide all I want, safely. Now on the other char I have 115 provo, but my hiding only is 65...so even though I am successful at hiding, somehow it breaks the provoke. At least that is the best I can figure out...I could be totally wrong. So confusing. I know I haven't seen anything about this in my uo travels.
I think you have always needed gm hiding