Provoke Skill Stuck at 72.1

keegz

Neophyte
Hi folks,

I am making a bard as my first character on UOF.

I first GM'd musicianship and then I was at the Britain Graveyard yesterday provoking zombies and got to 72.1 provoke skill, at this point my skill cap was at about 347. I sat there continuing for another 30 minutes to an hour and my provoke skill didn't budge at all. I thought maybe it was a glitch so I logged off and closed UO and then restarted, that didn't help. I had a page sitting in the queue for like 3 hours and no GMs responded. So, I went to the newbie dungeon and I did the ring of forgiveness quest where you have to kill tomb raiders. I am sure that during my time in this dungeon I used the provoke skill at least 50 more times and I didn't get a single gain. I got some gains in archery, anatomy, healing, and tactics though. So, then I ventured to the yew orc fort and started provoking the NPC orcs and I did that for about 20 or 30 more minutes and still I have not gotten a single gain. I know skill gains slow down when you reach about 400 total skill points and now I'm at a total of 418 but it shouldn't be this difficult.

I read somewhere that you can provoke zombies onto yourself until you reach 90 or so and then you have to provoke dragons onto each other after that. Maybe it varies from server to server? What should I do? How have others GM'd provoke here on UOF? Do stats affect provoke skill at all? I have 100 str, 100 dex, and 25 int.

:confused:

If you can't get a rune to the bard table, go to the jhelom (i think) graveyard, pull the skeleton knight out of the hut, quickly run around the fence to the back corner and provoke it onto you, as long as you are on the other side of the fence from the skeleton knight you should be fine, you should be able to get to mid 80's with this, if by this time you still cannot get to the bard table go to i think minoc or vesper gy has a rotting corpse, same trick as the skeleton knight and you can gm from a rotting corpse :)

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Bard Table, *nods sagely* yes.

There are * who like to kill the bards/training liches into the room to attack the bards, but such is the trails of the Bard Table.

If you still have your wisp guide just wait till the liches wonder off and rez via the wisp.

keegz

Neophyte
Thanks for all the help/advice. I was able to do bone knight until 85, then I got to GM at the bard's table.