PVP Nox Mage

StegcO

Grandmaster
Hello,

searching in the forum I see that Poisoning on a mage is useful only if Shot In Nox within 3 Tile of the enemy, is like this or I'm wrong? If it's real it's useful to use a Nox Mage in PVP or not?

Many thanks :)

halygon

Grandmaster
Hello,

searching in the forum I see that Poisoning on a mage is useful only if Shot In Nox within 3 Tile of the enemy, is like this or I'm wrong? If it's real it's useful to use a Nox Mage in PVP or not?

Many thanks :)
So the Poisoning skill affects magery in really three ways. 1) It allows the poisoning spell to penetrate your opponent better (ie they resist it MUCH less often), 3) makes greater poison the norm for your poison spell, and 2) within several tiles of your opponent, you have a chance to cast deadly poison.

Pretty good stuff in the right circumstances. Is it going to be something that lets you win 1v1 every time? probably not. Will it make your PvP group better? Most likely as that poison will be more potent and not be resisted.

Also keep in mind that if you do get deadly poison to apply, the cure rate of greater cure potions is only 80% vs deadly poison instead of 100%.

StegcO

Grandmaster
Thanks halygon!

Viewing you're response I think that only Deadly is useful because if I shot a Greater from distance a simply "AutoCurePotion" macro dispell the Poison with 100%

The only chance to make Poison effective and competitive in a PVP is to cast it within 3 Tiles, excpet that is not so useful, right?

halygon

Grandmaster
Thanks halygon!

Viewing you're response I think that only Deadly is useful because if I shot a Greater from distance a simply "AutoCurePotion" macro dispell the Poison with 100%

The only chance to make Poison effective and competitive in a PVP is to cast it within 3 Tiles, excpet that is not so useful, right?
While greater poison isn't much more useful than normal poison (just a bit more hp per sec damage), the fact that your opponent has a much smaller chance to resist is what makes this great. If you are in a group and a nox mage tosses the poison to prevent x-heals, then the chances are that it is going to go through most of the time. A non-nox mage has their poison spell resisted quite often. On top of this, if you are quick enough to get within a few tiles to drop the poison, then you could get a DP off, which means that on top of the high chance of successfully poisoning, they also have a chance of not being able to gcure the poison away.

Plus, if they are gonna use some gimp macro to auto-chug cure pots, just keep poisoning them and they will ruin themselves in short order.

I forget, doesn't it also beef up your ability to resist poison as well?
It does not. What you are referring to is the section on poisoning here: http://www.uoforum.com/threads/publish-4-september-5-2014-meta-pets-pvp-tweaks-and-more.42697/

This is not saying that having poisoning gives you more resist towards poison, but it is saying that IF you have poisoning, then it reduces the chance for your opponent to resist it.

jamison1987

Master
What is the highest level of poison a non-nox mage can cast?
also.. would a mage/melee/nox uoforever template be viable? dp kat/war forks and a dp nox spell just sounds damn sexy

Bromista

Grandmaster
Bummers. Wasn't sure if it was for real, maybe it was just good luck.

Jamison I don't think you want a weapon skill on a mage template so much as you want a mage skill on a melee template. With a Nox dexer with magery for utility, you'll have technically have the ability to cast poison...but you'll be better off using your mana for buffs/debuffs and emergency heals and possibly a disrupt instead.

I suppose you could do a Nox tank with tactics and no wrestle. Maybe with some non-gm skills here or there and balanced stats. Could be fun.

jamison1987

Master
Bummers. Wasn't sure if it was for real, maybe it was just good luck.

Jamison I don't think you want a weapon skill on a mage template so much as you want a mage skill on a melee template. With a Nox dexer with magery for utility, you'll have technically have the ability to cast poison...but you'll be better off using your mana for buffs/debuffs and emergency heals and possibly a disrupt instead.

I suppose you could do a Nox tank with tactics and no wrestle. Maybe with some non-gm skills here or there and balanced stats. Could be fun.
Damn you hav a good point. I agree with u about the magery on a redder rather than redder skills on a primary mage template.
Btw, I noticed how u said I may cast a spell to disrupt and enemy.. Do u know if small cast spells are more effective than a fast swinging melee weapon for spell disruption?
I'm new at pvp and I hate to admit it but I kinda suck at it at this point. I need all the help I can get rofl. Thx for ur time man

"Naked & Fearless. ...and my fear is naked!" - MJK

Bromista

Grandmaster
Fast swinging weapons are nice for disruptions. You may at some point want to load a disrupt spell before equipping a weapon because you may wiff with a weapon when you need a disrupt most. You'll never wiff on a harm, weaken, or magic arrow so having one loaded to interrupt a recall or gheal or something might mean the difference between getting a kill or not.

That being said, it almost never plays out like that for me and I use magery defensively 95% of the time. But the option is there.

jamison1987

Master
ahh of course. guess i didnt really think of it that way.. i think one of my problems with pvp is that i think too much and try to damn hard. ..idk wth