Question bout Stealth

So with my Thief, I run 80 Stealth and unless I run thru someone, it seems fine. So I thought I`d build an ambush PK next, since I have never in my UO career had a red. I assumed higher Stealth would allow for wearing at least leather but at GM, I still can`t move with a full set of leather on. So I guess what I`m wondering is, what exactly is the benefit of 80 versus 100 stealth and is there any armor one can wear and still be able to stealth around reliably.

Ahhh gotcha, thanks.....

Instead of creating another topic, I`ll ask in this thread. Just reminded of it as I am playing. How can you tell if Protection is active? It doesn`t show up on the lil buff bar ya can get off your life bar thingy. My Phys(AR?) doesn`t change like it does on OSI or other shards, so as far as I can tell, I have no way to know if its active. If I recast it, will it just stay on or does it cast on/cast off like OSI?

......................Edit

Ahhh NVM, I think I`m just slow. Says "spell will not adhere to you at this time" if its active.

halygon

Grandmaster
So with my Thief, I run 80 Stealth and unless I run thru someone, it seems fine. So I thought I`d build an ambush PK next, since I have never in my UO career had a red. I assumed higher Stealth would allow for wearing at least leather but at GM, I still can`t move with a full set of leather on. So I guess what I`m wondering is, what exactly is the benefit of 80 versus 100 stealth and is there any armor one can wear and still be able to stealth around reliably.
As @TheFallen said, higher stealth, the more AR you can have on ya. TBH, most stealth PKs I know either always run naked OR they will have a dress macro to armor themselves before attacking.

Right on, thanks halygon. I was actually thinking about a dress macro while I was at work today.

Also, kind of related to my Protection question...... I cast that with Zero magery and it does not last very long at all. Is it wiser to use a scroll for that? Does it last longer with a scroll? Nightsite got me thinkin bout that. I cast it with zero magery and it barely brightens at all but with a potion.... daylight. I assume it must work similar with protect and whatnot?

I need to get my scribe going so I have a recall flow, guess I`ll test this later