SidX

Grandmaster
Pretty much you can get suspended or banned for:

AFK mining
AFK lumberjacking
AFK gathering of regs
AFK taming
AFK gold farming
AFK gathering stealable rares (considered gold farming)

You can macro fishing, magery, etc. with no problem. People will page a GM for the littlest things if they think you're cheating so just be careful..

Last edited by a moderator:

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
Pretty much you can get suspended or banned for:

AFK mining
AFK lumberjacking
AFK gathering of regs
AFK taming
AFK gold farming
AFK gathering stealable rares (considered gold farming)

For the most part everything else is allowed as far as I know.. you can macro fishing, magery, etc. with no problem. You can setup and run macros for any of the AFK things above but still need to be there to monitor it and answer, etc. if GMs show up. People will page a GM for the littlest things if they think you're cheating so just be careful..

Nope that is incorrect, rail macros, scripts, automation macros for those are all illegal.

• If your actions look more automatic than manual while resource gathering, we will take action. This includes rail mining, auto mining/smelting/house dropping and or automated runebook traveling and banking.
  • USING THE SKILL ANIMAL TAMING unnatended is prohibited and bannable. Any sort of "scripting" using this skillset will be punishable.

Crazy how much of this you see going on yet they pick and choose who to punish and why. My tamer is in jail right now for afk taming. I went to the spot I was at on another character and there were 3 other people still there afk...This is coming off the heels of some of the worst series of crashes and reverts that ive seen. I lost several points and hours worth of manual taming and when inquiring about it to staff they completely ignore me through every medium.(pages, irc, pms, forum posts) all ignored yet the second someone pages in about me doing it afk I get jailed. GG UOF

Boohoo
Nope that is incorrect, rail macros, scripts, automation macros for those are all illegal.

• If your actions look more automatic than manual while resource gathering, we will take action. This includes rail mining, auto mining/smelting/house dropping and or automated runebook traveling and banking.
  • USING THE SKILL ANIMAL TAMING unnatended is prohibited and bannable. Any sort of "scripting" using this skillset will be punishable.

Crazy how much of this you see going on yet they pick and choose who to punish and why. My tamer is in jail right now for afk taming. I went to the spot I was at on another character and there were 3 other people still there afk...This is coming off the heels of some of the worst series of crashes and reverts that ive seen. I lost several points and hours worth of manual taming and when inquiring about it to staff they completely ignore me through every medium.(pages, irc, pms, forum posts) all ignored yet the second someone pages in about me doing it afk I get jailed. GG UOF
Just don't afk tame. Sorry that the server crashed and you lost points but there are no exceptions to the rule. You got caught and now you are paying the consequences.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
Boohoo

Just don't afk tame. Sorry that the server crashed and you lost points but there are no exceptions to the rule. You got caught and now you are paying the consequences.
Duh...

I didnt know it was illegal at the time, hence why I had quick access to that rule list because I was just looking at it lol

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I for one am utterly shocked that @DalMichaelLas of all people would be complaining about being punished for breaking the rules. Completely out of character and unheard of.

Crying about perceived favoritism, staff not responding to his (intelligently written I'm sure) cry-pages, and top it all off with his lovely persecution complex. I wonder how long till he melts down completely...

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
I for one am utterly shocked that @DalMichaelLas of all people would be complaining about being punished for breaking the rules. Completely out of character and unheard of.

Crying about perceived favoritism, staff not responding to his (intelligently written I'm sure) cry-pages, and top it all off with his lovely persecution complex. I wonder how long till he melts down completely...
Why do you hat me so much man. Actually, I wasnt crying about be punished at all. In fact I was pointing out that I broke a clear rule and was jailed for it and was never really told why until way later after I had figured it out myself from rereading the rules. The point of my reply was to inform them that It is completely illegal to use automation scripts for doing what she said. Afk or not, what I was doing was illegal because of the taming scripts that Id guess at least half the shard uses? Obviously I don't think the staff is like "oh it's that guy again lets get him" but some leniency during such a shitty gameplay week would have been nice. You yourself mentioned something in that shard crash post about handouts or something no?

Does every post I make really come off like im whining about something because that is not my intention if so?

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
And how is fishing not resource gathering? Fish is a resource. You use the raw fish to raise cooking There are people selling cooked fishsteaks on vendors....How is that so much different than mining/blacksmithing?

Crazy how much of this you see going on yet they pick and choose who to punish and why. My tamer is in jail right now for afk taming. I went to the spot I was at on another character and there were 3 other people still there afk..

That is clearly a whine. That is something a child says when they get in trouble, "BUT THEY WERE DOING IT TOO!!!!". It is against the rules, you got caught. If there is favoritism ( I HAVE NO IDEA IF THERE IS OR ISN'T) this is in no way shape or form an example of favoritism.

And how is fishing not resource gathering? Fish is a resource. You use the raw fish to raise cooking There are people selling cooked fishsteaks on vendors....How is that so much different than mining/blacksmithing?
Ya, that fish-steak market, really putting the kids through college.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
That is clearly a whine. That is something a child says when they get in trouble, "BUT THEY WERE DOING IT TOO!!!!". It is against the rules, you got caught. If there is favoritism ( I HAVE NO IDEA IF THERE IS OR ISN'T) this is in no way shape or form an example of favoritism.

NO SHIT one of the other dudes afk next to me was my guildmate. Thats why I said it was crazy....never said anything about favoritism. just the way they pick and choose is crazy....how is that whining?

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
^^^ lol dude no one cares. You were afk taming and got jailed just like so many other people have. If it pains you that much then start snitching on your guildies or w/e good lord

Why do you hat me so much man. Actually, I wasnt crying about be punished at all. In fact I was pointing out that I broke a clear rule and was jailed for it and was never really told why until way later after I had figured it out myself from rereading the rules. The point of my reply was to inform them that It is completely illegal to use automation scripts for doing what she said. Afk or not, what I was doing was illegal because of the taming scripts that Id guess at least half the shard uses? Obviously I don't think the staff is like "oh it's that guy again lets get him" but some leniency during such a shitty gameplay week would have been nice. You yourself mentioned something in that shard crash post about handouts or something no?

Does every post I make really come off like im whining about something because that is not my intention if so?

I don't hate you in particular I just hate whiny assholes who think they deserve special treatment. Also like 99% of your posts are total garbage.

I also can't stand people who are pricks and talk tough but IRL would get beat down by a 10 year old girl.

Basically stop complaining about every little thing, stop acting like you are being persecuted, and stop being an insufferable douschbag and we coo mang

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
^^^ lol dude no one cares. You were afk taming and got jailed just like so many other people have. If it pains you that much then start snitching on your guildies or w/e good lord

I don't hate you in particular I just hate whiny assholes who think they deserve special treatment. Also like 99% of your posts are total garbage.

I also can't stand people who are pricks and talk tough but IRL would get beat down by a 10 year old girl.

Basically stop complaining about every little thing, stop acting like you are being persecuted, and stop being an insufferable douschbag and we coo mang

I dont complain about anything really....or at least dont think I do? Maybe pet pvp but thats it. I never ask for special treatment ever from anyone so not sure how you got that either. And you follow me around and reply to every one of my posts talking shit no matter what the subject it so clearly you have something against me in particular.