Rare Clothing Gold Sink Idea (Requires community support)

bradley-

Grandmaster
Okay, so.. We all have those wearable blessed rares / handouts that are just awful colors.. For example: The Launch Day 2013 half apron. PLAIN GRAY?!?! Come on! Hear me out!! How about a gold sink that would allow us to have a ONE TIME dye on a CLOTHING item only (NOT BOLTS OF CLOTH) to ANY hue CURRENTLY available via the tailoring BOD system?? So, I could pay X amount of gold to dye my uber rare Launch Day 2013 half apron fallon blue or charcoal or whatever color that can be obtained from BODs.

I would be comfortable paying 500k-1m to dye my rare clothing to a color I preferred! (As long as the color was obtainable from BODs)

Thoughts??

*EDIT*
-I've had a ton of positive support on this topic as a gold sink to dye rare clothing/handout clothing to BOD hue cloth. Most people have told me that they would prefer it to be an even 1m gold sink to dye 1 piece of clothing.

-The admins do not care for this idea because they fear it will affect the BOD cloth market. I have been told that they are willing to go through with this if there is a lot of support. So, if you support, please post in this thread!

Personally, I think it is kinda crazy that we have so many rare clothing items hidden in bank boxes and houses because they are hues that people don't care for.

Last edited by a moderator:

bradley-

Grandmaster
I see this as a good idea ONLY if as soon as you dye it, it becomes un-cut-able.

I have no objections to that as long as I can change the color again as the tailoring BOD colors change over time or if I decide to switch things up :D Of course, the hue must be available through the BOD system.

halygon

Grandmaster
cutting makes no sense, since you would only get 1 bod cloth from cutting it that costed 500k-1 mil.

but good idea bradley.
Yes but if that BoD color gets removed in favor of new colors, it becomes instantly rare... sooo if you can cut up the item, then you could make money in the long run. Just a preventative measure.

halygon

Grandmaster
You may want to rename this thread to something more descriptive if you want even more people to click on it.

Drake Roberts

Grandmaster
Yes but if that BoD color gets removed in favor of new colors, it becomes instantly rare... sooo if you can cut up the item, then you could make money in the long run. Just a preventative measure.

1 yard of said rare cloth vs an item which already takes several yards and is more than likely already blessed.... Yeah.. It still makes no sense.. He is talking about tailor bod cloth colors which are already available through the tailoring system.. not uber rare colors like blaze dedicated sashes/danas.

Cool idea, Bradley