Red Animal Tamer

bin Laden

Expert
When you go red on a tamer you become criminal everytime you heal your own pets. So once you go red you cant recall anywhere after you heal ur pet u have to sit there and wait for the timer to reset everytime. meaning red tamers cant hunt.

Also once you get statted you lose slots in your stables.

Jager

Grandmaster
dont go red? theres a whole guild of red tamers and they seem to do pretty well for themselves when there not getting banned..

bin Laden

Expert
yeah thats an option, but is it meant to be like that? i mean your bonded to your pets its like healing yourself. seems like a bug if your getting flagged for healing your own pet. i got guard wacked in town yesterday because i cast In Mani on my pet

i got guard wacked in town yesterday because i cast In Mani on my pet
I don't like this guy and his crying, but he makes a good point. IMO, this shouldn't happen.

Might be more appropriate under suggestions, rather than bug reports.

Strawberry

Apprentice
When you go red on a tamer you become criminal everytime you heal your own pets. So once you go red you cant recall anywhere after you heal ur pet u have to sit there and wait for the timer to reset everytime. meaning red tamers cant hunt.

Also once you get statted you lose slots in your stables.

Should be fixxed.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
a bigger concern to me would be weather pets will follow you if you get statted for 2 days, or if they will just go feral because you cant command them lol and now it only takes 24 hours if they are dead, and 8 if they are alive. Not sure how that works. But also the OP belongs in bug reports definetly. pets should follow criminal status but not murderer status and booyah problem here will be solved.

halygon

Grandmaster
Yeah, this is all a bit jacked up. This is not a problem on other shards as the pets are not flagged with the owner(hence a red tamer would still have blue pets) but for some reason uof wants you to kill pets anytime you kill their owner.

halygon

Grandmaster
Seems only fair since a good number of reds kill a blue's pet, be it a dragon or a horse.
OK? Your point is what? They are RED tamers. If they do anything like that, their pets are grey. If it's just a mount and it stays blue, who cares. If you do, go grey and kill the horse. I mean when was the last time you saw a horse run out and murder a player and rack up 5 counts?

Considering the current issues, there would be far less problems if all pets were blue, regardless of their owners state.

OK? Your point is what? They are RED tamers. If they do anything like that, their pets are grey. If it's just a mount and it stays blue, who cares. If you do, go grey and kill the horse. I mean when was the last time you saw a horse run out and murder a player and rack up 5 counts?

Considering the current issues, there would be far less problems if all pets were blue, regardless of their owners state.

Why, exactly, should a blue flag criminal for attacking/killing a red's pet?

halygon

Grandmaster
What did the pet ever do to you? Did it step on your toesies? Pee on your boots? Maybe it looked at you wrong and is not "quite the color" you like?

What did the pet ever do to you? Did it step on your toesies? Pee on your boots? Maybe it looked at you wrong and is not "quite the color" you like?

What did the horse that belonged to the blue player do to deserve for the red to kill it after he PKd the owner? Did it try to loot the corpse for the player so that the PK couldn't? Or maybe that horse was going to rez him? Oh, I know...that horse probably would have killed the PK...yeah, that must be it.

halygon

Grandmaster
What did the horse that belonged to the blue player do to deserve for the red to kill it after he PKd the owner? Did it try to loot the corpse for the player so that the PK couldn't? Or maybe that horse was going to rez him? Oh, I know...that horse probably would have killed the PK...yeah, that must be it.
Actually that's quite a simple answer.. HE'S BLUE AND A PK KILLS BLUES

.. Then again you never know, it's hard to trust a horse, even a blue one.

Actually that's quite a simple answer.. HE'S BLUE AND A PK KILLS BLUES

.. Then again you never know, it's hard to trust a horse, even a blue one.

Which brings me back to....Seems only fair since a good number of reds kill a blue's pet, be it a dragon or a horse.

bin Laden

Expert
Isn't the entire point of this thread pretty much that a certain game mechanic isn't fair?

im saying that its a bug in the code as im pretty sure its not meant to be doing that. unless a gm says that yes we made it so reds are flagged crimminal for healing their own pets to reduce reds. then yeah...

being a tamer and controlling all your pets is hard enough when its blue. when its red anyone can attack it and its gonna get dragged off everywhere you go, so i think that is already discouraging enough to not be a red tamer. your losing bonded pets left and right. literally.

Hmm. I think a red player's pets should be red, and you should flag criminal for healing them unless you're the owner. I think the owner shouldn't be guard whacked if they heal their own pets in town, though.

That's just what I think, anyway. I don't have a tamer, and I don't really fight them.