Relics?

fillyblunts

Novice
I have had my talisman for a few weeks now (love the idea of being able to take down high end mobs with a dexer!) but now I am looking to get the relics for it. There is no way in hell i can afford to buy them off people...(millions upon millions of gold....really?). So I was looking into what ways they are acquired.

I have heard arch demon/rdas as being one way. I have also heard some people say champs drop them and even MOTM. My question is, does anyone have a list of EVERYTHING that has a chance to drop relics? Also what are the mechanics behind the drops? Do I have to get last hit on a champ, most points on a champ, does it drop on the corpse or into backpack/bank?

The mechanics of how all this work are not noted in the wiki really and I cant imagine this being an instance of "We didn't add it to the wiki for a reason..." One would think the method to acquire the relics would be public knowledge so people can work toward that goal.

"Skills are applied by finding relics at events and at the Arch Demon boss" Is all the wiki says. So does that mean champs don't have a chance to drop relics? Or does arch demon have a higher chance or something? I am super confused here.

TLDR:

1.) What all drops relics?
2.) Do some methods have higher chances of acquiring a relic than others?
3.) Will it appear in my pack/bank, or does it need to be looted from a corpse?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give! Happy Friday! :D

diminished

Grandmaster
Only way you can get them straight into your bank is by turning in dungeon boss crystals from destard, hythloth, and cove. Champs, rda, arch daemon can drop relics in your pack depending how lucky/how much you scored. Motm drops relics on corpse. Idk if Dexxer or Mage relics drop from champs or not but I know they do give tamer ones.

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
If you want to maximize your chance of getting a dexer relic you should do every Arch demon you can and farm crystals in Hythloth, Destard, and Cove 4 in between.

fillyblunts

Novice
Ok awesome, thanks! Had no idea about the crystals, and i knew the champs did powerscolls, but wasn't sure if they did relics too.

With champs, do I need to be at the champ spawn when it ends to get the relic? Or if i have an awesome score, but bug out before the end i still have a chance?

Also does the arch demon give relics depending on dmg done, or just random chance to those involved?

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
champs, RDAs, and Warlock/Akor drop Tamer relics.

The only other way to get dexer relics is from MOTM, which drops both.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Shush @ProdigyOsi and go back to polishing your lucky horseshoe.

Champ/RDA score has no bearing on your chances to get a relic. 1 point against the boss is all it takes to get in the lottary. Crystals you can effect your odds depending on how many crystals you have submitted towards a boss (1:50/crystal) if a relic is even given out in that round. Akor also still drops relics for the people that kill him. Fafnir and Hythloth boss only award the people who turned in crystals. I suggest doing as many types as you can, even if it is a tamer only relic drop. Those are typically worth as much or several mill more then most all dexer relics. You can just sell them for gold and buy what you want.

Daddys Money

Grandmaster
Do MOTM if you going about it solo/ without a guild. Dexxer relics drop form them as well as tamer ones. killed around 500 ogre lords in the past few days and happened upon a paralytic venom and quicksilver. The latter will get you just about anything you want.